Life, uh, finds a way ••• QWERTY’s Universal (mis)Adventures?

20 Likes

So - when we got into the hotel lobby at 1:something it was nice to see three people working at the desk and we were not the only ones checking in. And there was also a dad and two small kids getting something done for EA tomorrow. The kids were in very good humor for that hour.

Clerk - Amanda - was super sweet. Asked if our flight was late. We gave her the Cliff notes. Her jaw dropped.

She gave us free parking for both vehicles. She disappeared as a coworker drew some things on a map for us. When she came back she handed me three vouchers for free drinks. :heart:

What do we call pixie dust when it’s not a Disney? Minion dust? Seuss dust? What was that stuff and Horton hears a who?

45 Likes

You made it!! So glad you are there and safe.

1 Like

Aw that’s nice of her.

3 Likes

Love hearing that. Floe Dust (HP reference)?

4 Likes

DS21 had us cracking up as he sent us images of King wipes out in Cars. When DH called out “The wheel is coming off!”

@Randall1028 do I unlock anything?

26 Likes

I know nothing about Universal so I’m just going with kindness.

I’m glad you finally made it. May all the bad stuff be behind you now. Have a great day!

7 Likes

Is this the same van you spent hours getting looked at only to be told, “looks good” ??

7 Likes

Yes. It is.

1 Like

Yikes!! So scary and so glad y’all are ok! Hope you have a fun-filled day! You deserve it (and those three drinks).

3 Likes

I’m still over here amazed at God’s care in this. So many horrible things could have happened, yet no one was hurt.

The pictures of you in the police van!!! Those are priceless!!

18 Likes

Amen and amen.
I wish DH was in the photo. Could have been Christmas cards.

21 Likes

10:37

Magnificent.
time for a nap.

26 Likes

@Jeff_AZ are you reading this thread?
@JJT FYI Priceline car rentals for the win. When I called dollar directly they had nothing available for me. But I was able to book through the app. I didn’t try to call Avis but I was able to book them through the app as well. Priceline has saved me so much this year.

20 Likes

Another reason we should spend all our money now.

7 Likes

Super!!! :droplet::droplet::droplet:

1 Like

Now these pics are more like it!!

4 Likes

Ugh! I should have bought some currency last year when I booked.

3 Likes

I am clinging to this reasoning.
And I’m spending money to get the most out of money already committed. Otherwise it’s all lost and nothing gained.

10 Likes

Aw :heart: Thank you. Yes.

Are you staying here @Shmebulock ?

We had the best rooms for the parking lots and pools. 2101 and 2102. 2102 was perfect location for car and we are right at the pool.

Wait. You won’t have to deal with a car. Nvm.

7 Likes