Face Masks

Nice job! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Heys just some more intel on use of those nose bendy things. We put ours through the wash regularly and my DH has had some break. Iā€™ve been trying to find away to keep them from getting folded in the wash/dry process b/c itā€™s causing strain and shortening their lifespan. Just letting yā€™all know

I donā€™t know if it will help you but I wash all my masks in a mesh bag and air dry them.

1 Like

Well luckily, Iā€™m only wearing these premium masks at WDW. So no need to wash beforehand. :wink:

1 Like

I do the same thing. The washer/dryer was destroying some of the elastic bands.

1 Like

Same here.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies. I use a mesh bag too. I want to continue to use the drier for the heat. I actually use a round bag meant for bras :rofl:

I think they get mushed in the process

3 Likes

I canā€™t remember who shared a link to this lovely

4 Likes

Mando is a hypocrite. He took off his helmet in the last episode in an enclosed space with other maskless people. And CDC has said nothing on whether Groguā€™s species is even capable of spreading the virus. :rofl:

5 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow::rofl:

1 Like

If youā€™re referring to this post on the other thread, that was me :slight_smile:

But I also found the link to the original source I got it from:

2 Likes

Thank youā€¦ sorry I couldnā€™t find the thread but had opened your shared link. I wanted to paste it in as a pic to be easily enjoyed :wink: :heart_eyes:

O2nd in line for EC at IG. Trying out double masks today. Supposed to be unusually warm, for FL. Iā€™ll let yā€™all know how it is, so far a bit warm.

1 Like

Hi Allā€¦ wanted to share some more thoughts on masks in heat. I was at the parks the past two days where it heated up in the afternoon. Granted not like full summer but I noted a couple of things. When I wear a mask I tend to breath through my mouth instead of my nose and that can lead to a sore throat. Anyone else? Also, CMs were constantly reminding ppl to hydrate. I had never heard CMs do this before, maybe I looked overheated? Anyways, it got me to thinking about that and that by the end of the day I was REALLY thirsty. I wasnā€™t drinking as much as I normally do b/c 1. you canā€™t walk into a QS to grab the free water anymore since they only let ppl in with a MO thatā€™s ready. 2. you have to be stationary while eating or drinking and there are not enough places to sit. So, I wasnā€™t hydrating. I did see two ppl walk up to the pickup window at Sleepy Hollow and ask for TALL water cups and were given short ones. But it got me to think about the opportunities to get water at the parks w/o a MO or ADR.

All this and Iā€™m still for masks, Iā€™m not complaining about wearing them or the need for them right now, Iā€™m thankful that Disney has a firm mask policy that makes me feel safe there, but Iā€™d like to see if Disney can up its game on access to the water as the summer hot fast approaches.

2 Likes

I agree with youā€¦BUT, I am pretty sure Disney wants to limit the size of the waters they hand out to encourage people to spend the big bucks on actual Coke or something. The amount of water in those small cups is barely enough account for what you lose in sweat in an hour during the summer! :slight_smile:

In a similar way (donā€™t know if it is STILL true, but was a few years ago), McDonaldā€™s would charge $1 up here the northern U.S. for any size pop/soda. But down south, where it is hot, they didnā€™t have such pricingā€¦I think because people are more willing to pay full price for it when it is 100 degrees out! :slight_smile:

I wish that they would install more water bottle filling stations. I know they want to sell water, but it would be the right thing to do on many levels.

7 Likes

you can get any size drink at McDā€™s for a buckā€¦ at least on the Space Coast, maybe that pricing is due to proximity to Disney?

That really concerns me! I would think Disney would want people to stay hydrated so they donā€™t pass out and get injured, or get heat exhaustion, etc. Here in Arizona itā€™s illegal to refuse someone a glass of water.

It just makes sense in hot places that youā€™d want plenty of water available, even if you want people to buy soda! They canā€™t buy soda if theyā€™re dead! :rofl:

3 Likes

McDonaldā€™s charges $1 for any size drink in Georgia.

Iā€™m glad to know they abandoned that policy!