Face Masks

To be more accurate, they were totally fine after an hour or two, but I remember starting out every morning with a bit of a battle trying to find an equilibrium.

Where were Temps in the mornings? Low 50s?

When I had initially ordered, they were scheduled to arrive around Christmas. It didnā€™t come and didnā€™t come so I called the Disney store. They could not locate the package so the order was resubmitted. Then I got them in a timely manner a couple weeks ago.

So today, I find a package. It was the missing first package. Apparently in la la land for a month. So now Iā€™ve got 8 instead of 4! I feel a little bad like I should pay for them, but Iā€™m sure they would not let me.

2 Likes

I have trouble with the Disney masks and glasses also. Anything with a thicker seam across the nose will do it.

This is the way :wink:

3 Likes

gro

eta: there we go

3 Likes

I added these to my Disney masks by making a little snip to slide them in. Once in place they havenā€™t moved and Iā€™ve put them through the wash many times. The nose bar allows me to have the mask form around my nose preventing fogging of my glasses.

Face Mask Nose Bar Pack | EE Schenck ā€” Missouri Star Quilt Co. (missouriquiltco.com)

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got some in my Amazon cart. Definitely going to try inserting it between the layers, thanks!

1 Like

Gosh, I donā€™t need 200 of these!

1 Like

4 Likes

Pointing to the snip I made in the mask trim. You can see how it can be formed

4 Likes

hahaha I was making a lot of masks :wink: and adding them to masks ie Disney and sport team masks my DH got for work

I was too, but not 200 of them! I do need to buy these, though. 50 is more my style.

1 Like

Had a very interesting conversation with a CM that was helping me with a ticket issue. He told me that the CMs in services that work in the parks and resorts have special masks that are microchipped and assigned to the CM. The mask has to be with them to be able to work, they canā€™t clock in w/o it. He asked a buddy how he could get one and they told him to switch to services :wink: He implied it tracked other things but didnā€™t elaborate.

1 Like

Why is this a good thing? (Genuine question. I must be missing something)

2 Likes

It would be good for mask enforcement, for one. If they canā€™t clock in without it, then they have to have an appropriate mask to work, not just grab whatever happens to be handy (but maybe not very effective.)
It may also be related to the ā€œother thingsā€ it does that they didnā€™t disclose.
People donā€™t realize these kind of chips are already in a lot of things like work ID badges, food packaging, heck even the refillable mugs, lol.

3 Likes

I think @ninjasherrie had some good speculation about why it was good. The CM was emphasizing that Disney was looking out for their ppl and making sure they were protected w/ good and reliable masks. He thought they were cool and that there was something extra special about them. Like I said he didnā€™t elaborate. I wonder if it could track temps too?

1 Like

Also good for contact tracing to a degree. If all the people in a certain department have them, they can track who youā€™ve been in close proximity to.

3 Likes

I wondered about the ability to contract trace too.

1 Like

Done. Thanks for the advice also @Tall_Paul1

6 Likes