Extended Evening Theme Park Hours?

SOG is for military so that’s pretty crappy of Disney.

Regarding Marriott I wonder if Disney is mad about Swan Reserve, too. I don’t have a dog in that fight if Disney and Marriott are are on the outs but I’m totally fine with having a Crescent Lake hotel available that is less expensive than Disney’s deluxe hotels nearby.

2 Likes

You do realize it’s always been this way, yes? The “official Disney partner hotels” have gotten Extra Magic Hours and 60 day FP booking just like WDW hotels for years…

1 Like

Yes, I am aware. That’s part of what made the early hours such a zoo previously. (And obviously restricting it to one park each day)

2 Likes

It does seem messed up though that a non-disney hotel gets perks that disney most hotels don’t get.

5 Likes

Totally.

1 Like
4 Likes

This is the first published schedule for the extended evening hours.

By published, the source is a CM, so subject to change and not necessarily official.

10 Likes

10/4 is our EPCOT day!!!

YAY!!!

… and we check out of the Poly that day, so that day still counts right?

3 Likes

Yes!

1 Like

Grr… I was off a day We check out of the Poly on 10/3. No late hours for us.

… unless of course they are okay with me pointing out that I checked out of the Poly the day before! :wink:

1 Like

Any further info as to whether this is free or a charged event?

This info is now on Disney’s site, with the same date and time info. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/extended-evening/

@GreyingMouser It makes no mention of any extra charges, just the need for valid admission and theme park reservation combo details.

ETA: You have to be staying at one of the listed hotels, so no values or moderates.

5 Likes

I think the implication was that this would be a free event but only for DVC / Deluxe. Some people were speculating that it could be paid (the way Club Level had “access” to additional FPP but had to pay) but most discussion I’ve seen from people close to the situation have been assuming free.

2 Likes

Only two nights? Hm hoping they add the other parks too!

3 Likes

Still furious about this.

8 Likes

If that’s the case, it makes a bit more sense. It becomes a new DAH. …er until a bunch of people buy in and the benefit goes kaput. But how likely would that be to happen?

2 Likes

These Extra Evening Hours haven’t been added to the Touring Plans crowd tracker yet? Will they be?

We are going in Dec and plan to avoid altogether the Extra Evening Hours parks. I think this whole thing stinks. If non-Disney property hotels (all the Disney Springs) were excluded from the Early Morning 30 min, I could accept this a little bit more, seeing as at least the Values/Moderates get SOMETHING. But unless this changes, in the future I’ll do all split stays- deluxe/SOG or else just SOG. Just didn’t have enough time to book a room for Shades this time around, as they book out for December so far in advance.

1 Like

What stinks is that your park reservations might be locked in before Disney announces the evening extended hours for your trip.

3 Likes

Completely agree. Park hoppers will be key to take advantage of these hours for sure.

4 Likes

Why would you avoid the park with extra magic hours?