Extended Evening Theme Park Hours?

Thanks! Good to know. Hope my DD4 can hang! LOL

I’m guessing they won’t let off property guests even start tapping in until posted opening time as well? So by the time a significant number of them tap in and get to the major attractions, that adds to the advantage time as well. Yeah, more than 30 min would be more swaying, but I think the advantage is going to be more than 30 min. And spread over all 4 parks.

5 Likes

This sounds similar to my last day in Epcot. We did DHS first in May actually so it was the old about 45 min give or take 10 they let us in and everything was operating. So I could feel the difference happening while I was there.

1 Like

What did they do when a park opened an hour early to resort guests? Seems like it would basically the same procedure. But with a smaller crowd and smaller time.

1 Like

No swan and dolphin?

Not anymore. To me it looks like an unofficial 30 min early park entry is already happening, with only Disney buses allowed into the parking lots and then crowds held until ~30 min prior to park open.

No Swolphin that stinks

Swan and Dolphin missing is interesting indeed, but I’m more struck by the non on-property hotels at the bottom of the list.

2 Likes

Shades of Green is also not on that early entry list. They have always been eligible for the extra hours in the past, even before the Disney Springs hotels were.

3 Likes

Ouch. Totally negating the walking advantage to 2 parks from there. Disney wants people to pay more for BC/YC/BW if they really want that location.

2 Likes

Looks like Disney has a deal with Hilton but not with Marriott? I’m not sure if Waldorf and Holiday Inn are Hilton but they’re not Marriott (Swan and Dolphin are).

Edit: Waldorf is indeed owned by Hilton and Holiday Inn is part of IHG.

1 Like

I can’t imagine them leaving out SoG

5 Likes

I know. I was really planning on staying there for our trip next year since it is so much cheaper for a bigger room size. I don’t mind the walk to the Poly for better transportation.

The loss of extra hours and the potential changes to FFP may just make me bite the bullet and rent DVC points instead.

2 Likes

Maybe the list is wrong?

I was just there yesterday too. Saw a family walking back from the poly. I hope the list is a mistake. All the military families that use that place deserve to be included in the extras. It says Disney’s SoG on the sign driving in!

7 Likes

I saw somebody elsewhere say that it was an error by Disney that Swan & Dolphin were left off? BlogMickey (I’m pretty sure it was them) posted that same list earlier this week so maybe they didn’t update it. If they were left off on purpose that’s super rude on Disney’s part. Also I have a hard time believing SOG won’t be included given all the “Good Neighbor” hotels that get early entry. (Way to save a perk for on site value and moderate guests, Disney! :rage:).

3 Likes

Good point - blog Mickey is not Disney. We can wait for confirmation before getting too excited.

2 Likes

I’m more pissed that all the Good Neighbor hotels get early entry. Kind of defeats the purpose. And if any non-Disney hotels should be getting early entry it’s SOG and S&D (they should get it imo), the ones left off the list.

6 Likes

Unfortunately, the list is on Disney’s website so it doesn’t appear to be a mistake that Swolfin was left off. :persevere:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/early-entry/

2 Likes

Ridiculous. All the Good Neighbor Hotels but NOT SOG or S&D. Wow. Even if they’re having a spat with Marriott you would think Disney would include SOG.

4 Likes