Extended Evening Theme Park Hours?

I think it’s because Marriott (and likely SOG) don’t want to pay Disney for the early access benefits anymore. It’s why the buses changed at Swolphin, they didn’t want to pay. We shouldn’t be mad at Disney for the Swolphin issue, that is likely Marriott’s cheapness. As for the offsite hotels, they are willing to pay Disney for the extra hours. We should be mad at Disney for taking money from them (and for offering them in the first place).

5 Likes

I think the writing was on the wall for this when they no longer received Disney transportation to and from the parks.

I maintain that they may well come up with a way to verify guests staying at Disney resorts for the busses from BW and YC/BC as more and more people think “We will just walk over to their stops.” and do it.

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing….

1 Like

SoG verifies guest status b4 boarding their buses. I don’t remember how, I think we drove to the parks instead of riding the SoG buses. They could easily start scanning MB on Disney buses, if they wanted to BUT free transportation to travel from one park to another wouldn’t require being a guest. Park hoppers should be able to access Disney transportation.

2 Likes

It would also stop the people parking for free at Disney Springs, taking a bus to a resort, and then to a park. On another board I follow there have been multiple reports of long waits for Disney Springs with fights almost breaking out at YC/BC and BW over who has been there longer - and people with kids sleeping on their shoulders or in strollers. If you are legit staying at one of those resorts, why would you be taking a sleeping child to Disney Springs?

2 Likes

Park to park - or resort guests having a meal at another resort - should not be a problem. The problem comes when people from S&D are causing overcrowding on the YC/BC or Boardwalk busses to and from the parks and Springs.

1 Like

yes, I can see this being an issue. many ppl do walk over to catch the Disney transportation. I’m not sure how they will fix this b/c Swalphin is too close to other Disney resorts. Not to mention they are one of a few non-Disney resorts that can walk to 2 park entrances.

It would take some work, but they could have a CM or two at the bus stop(s) scanning MBs like they used to at ride entrances when Evening EMH were a thing. Or they could put up some kind of gate like at the pools.

I don’t think walking to the parks is a problem. But I’m pretty sure if they get enough complaints about overcrowding busses from S&D guests.

2 Likes

SOG is for military so that’s pretty crappy of Disney.

Regarding Marriott I wonder if Disney is mad about Swan Reserve, too. I don’t have a dog in that fight if Disney and Marriott are are on the outs but I’m totally fine with having a Crescent Lake hotel available that is less expensive than Disney’s deluxe hotels nearby.

2 Likes

You do realize it’s always been this way, yes? The “official Disney partner hotels” have gotten Extra Magic Hours and 60 day FP booking just like WDW hotels for years…

1 Like

Yes, I am aware. That’s part of what made the early hours such a zoo previously. (And obviously restricting it to one park each day)

2 Likes

It does seem messed up though that a non-disney hotel gets perks that disney most hotels don’t get.

5 Likes

Totally.

1 Like
4 Likes

This is the first published schedule for the extended evening hours.

By published, the source is a CM, so subject to change and not necessarily official.

10 Likes

10/4 is our EPCOT day!!!

YAY!!!

… and we check out of the Poly that day, so that day still counts right?

3 Likes

Yes!

1 Like

Grr… I was off a day We check out of the Poly on 10/3. No late hours for us.

… unless of course they are okay with me pointing out that I checked out of the Poly the day before! :wink:

1 Like

Any further info as to whether this is free or a charged event?

This info is now on Disney’s site, with the same date and time info. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/extended-evening/

@GreyingMouser It makes no mention of any extra charges, just the need for valid admission and theme park reservation combo details.

ETA: You have to be staying at one of the listed hotels, so no values or moderates.

5 Likes