Extended Evening Theme Park Hours?

If true and free to resort guests, this would be awesome. I love end of the night in the parks way better than super early mornings in the parks.

4 Likes

I would prefer to stay late than go early too. I have fond memories w/ my teenagers in the park at 2AM.

4 Likes

As a West Coaster, I will eagerly keep an eye on this. Our very favorite times were after hours.

3 Likes

I always thought of the special morning times as just a logistical advantage for rides when short on time, where as the evening special times seem to always be more about fun!

3 Likes

totally agree. there is something about being in the park at night all lit up, for sure way more relaxed. Rope drop even with early morning extra magic hours was a stressful race to beat lines before crowds build.

5 Likes

Well that’ll incentivize upgrading to park hopper.
(Otherwise known as “WTF? NONE of these dates match my park reservations?!?!”

2 Likes

(Swoons with happiness) At the moment, I am on the fence about on-site or off-site, and have reservations for both. If I could get 2-3 of these on our 10 day tickets that would decide the issue. Would probably add park-hopper if evenings were only one park.
We have no problem with doing early mornings, but nighttime is special. We could take naps.

2 Likes

So basically the take away from the article is “Disney are going to announce longer evening hours” which could be one or more of these options:

• only for onsite resort guests
  • open for everyone
  • an Upcharge event
  • free

So about as much use at the moment as a chocolate teapot. :joy::joy:

8 Likes

At this point, taking naps sounds like a vacation in itself.

5 Likes

Well, shoot, like they were doing before. That would bite. Say it ain’t so.

Although seem like just adding evening hours open to everyone isn’t worthy of an announcement. That would be just be a change in the hours.

2 Likes

Sometimes the extra hours was for resort guests only though.

1 Like

Bring back E-Ride Nights!!!

1 Like

I hope it’s after hours. If they bring back after hours I probably won’t get park hopper.

1 Like

OMG is that British thing? I thought I knew lots of them, but this is new, and I love it. And must use it

Or is it a @Nicky_S thing?! In which case I will use it and claim it for my own among my unknowing friends :wink:

5 Likes

British. You can also say chocolate fireguard though that’s rarer now because people don’t tend to have fires.

4 Likes

It’s been years since I heard that one, for sure.

2 Likes

Well it’s been years since I saw a fireguard too :joy:

2 Likes

My grandparents house, now my uncles still has real fire guards.

And I’ve seen decorative ones.

1 Like

I had one when DS16 was a baby, just to stop him eating the fake coal because we never use the fire.

1 Like

This just came in through the travel agent site about the extended hours:

So I guess it’s only for those who spend $$.

2 Likes