Extended Evening Theme Park Hours?

Oh well that’s crappy.

8 Likes

Here’s the DPB article:

1 Like

sooo basically, gotta cough up the extra bucks for the extra perks! shocker! haha

2 Likes

Whoa - is this the first time they’ve distinguished on-site benefits by resort tier?

3 Likes

So the be sure I understand, they’re going to do the 30 min early open in the am for all on site resort guests, plus this extra hours (what did they even used to call it?) pm for deluxe only?

2 Likes

Yes.

1 Like

Remembered. Extra magic hours.

They used to call it extra magic hours. Both in the morning and evening.

1 Like

Right. What was EMM — early morning magic? Or am I even making that up? I’m confusing myself for no real reason at all. It’s really not all that important.

1 Like

That was a thing but it was a hard ticket event

2 Likes

You’re right. The paid version.

1 Like

This little bit was interesting

“Speaking of Disney Resort hotel stays, we know many of you are also wondering when Disney dining plan packages will return. While we’re not quite ready to share an update on timing, we are planning to bring this guest-favorite option back at a later date”

And the lack of mentioning FPP at all.

6 Likes

Yup I noticed that too.

1 Like

I know they’re scrounging for anything they can promote for the 50th but this is bullshit. The 30 minutes early entry for resort guests should be happening now. And don’t even get me started on the extended evening hours. :rage:

10 Likes

Yeah, I’m thinking it’s not going to be a resort benefit anymore. And if it’s not an incentive to stay on site, then is it paid? I think so.

2 Likes

I usually stay Deluxe and this will definitely push me into doing that all the time from now on so no more CSR unless it’s like a solo weekend thing again. On the other hand it means it’ll be even less crowded with only a portion of hotel guests and the values and moderates are the largest resorts.

2 Likes

So, guess I don’t have to rope drop in Oct (staying off-site) …maybe we’ll have to become night owls… (although we are coming from the West, so not really🤣)

1 Like

Interesting…any idea what proportion of guest rooms are deluxe/villa compared to all rooms? Like 30% 50%? Trying to figure out how much benefit this is over the old EMH.

Also sounds like you’d need park hoppers, considering anyone already booked for the fall has made their park reservations and they didn’t line them up with known extended hours (since we don’t know them yet, and who knows when we will).

A way to sell more deluxe & park hoppers.

4 Likes

I noticed in Hong Kong Disneyland they gave Club Level guests a FP per night per person. I wonder if Club Level will get some benefit like that?

That’s a seriously seriously dick move on their part.

Also, I’m not sure why they’re segregating for the evening hours, which were always lower in attendance than the morning anyway.

Also also, doesn’t disney want money? You REALLY want to turn away…all those hotel guests? Doesn’t value + moderate make up the majority of hotels?

12 Likes