English breakfast

If Rose & Crown served breakfast, would they serve this? Is this what breakfast pizza looks like in the UK? Asking for a friend. :rofl: (all the UK liners are probably sleeping by now and will be greeted by this in the morning :grin:)

2 Likes

Thank you I was craving pizza but after that no longer.
I worked in a shopping mall and in between a breakfast and lunch place and a pizza place. In the morning the smell of bacon and maple syrup would fill my store. The pizza place had the best pizza I had ever had. The owner was a little old Italian who was retired every once in a while he would come in and work. One day he was making the pizzas and OMG it was even better. I would joke with his sons about this. Their response was the old man makes one heck of a pie.

4 Likes

That is an abomination.

This is what a British breakfast looks like:

(My breakfast at Manchester Airport last summer.)

7 Likes

If it’s an airport breakfast, I’m assuming the pint of Stella is just out of shot :wink:

1 Like

What the chuff is breakfast pizza? There is no such thing in the UK, so no, the Rose and Crown wouldn’t serve that. A fact for which we are all grateful.

3 Likes

Missing a couple of rounds of toast.

1 Like

I have the toast as pudding, with marmalade. No use it getting cold while I eat the main course.

2 Likes

Explain “as pudding”

Haha. I knew that would confuse Americans.

It’s what we call dessert.

1 Like

But then… you said “no use it getting cold while I eat the main course.”

Is dessert first in the UK? Because here it would be cold by the time I had it “as pudding”

PS Marmalade… swoon!!!

1 Like

It’s not there with the breakfast because he had it served afterwards, as dessert.

3 Likes

Have you started on the sauce already?

Toast is designed to be served hot. There is no point having a toast rack full of toast getting cold while I eat the main course.

The toast should be served when I’m ready to eat it.

1 Like

Gotcha.

Tell me about “toast rack”

No sauce yet. Just not caffeinated. Working on it.

I spent 6 years living in the south. Toast (or just plain cold white bread) is served with the meal so you can use it to sop up any leftover sauce on your plate.

1 Like

This is pudding. He clearly had a bowl of this after breakfast. The non- instant variety is cooked on the stove, but i can’t imagine eating it without chilling first. But go figure, the British have some odd notions about what food should be. Imagine, no breakfast pizza! How crazy is that?

4 Likes

I think this is just a language issue. Breakfast pie?

It should look like this:

Caseys_breakfast_pizza_2

It has sausage, eggs and cheese, with sausage gravy for sauce. It comes from a fancy restaurant called Casey’s, which is also a gas station (petrol station?)

2 Likes

No, I’m aware of pizza and we would never call it pie! We would just never eat it for breakfast or put breakfast items on it. That’s disgusting.

2 Likes

FTFY

2 Likes

Each to their own. You enjoy your petrol station food and I…won’t.

1 Like