English breakfast

I don’t know about you fine people, but I have been known to eat cold pizza for breakfast…regular plain cheese pizza…right out of the fridge…no reheating required
Maybe it’s a New York thing??

5 Likes

This word alone shows that Americans are all idiots and don’t know what they’re talking about.

Petrol is not a gas. It’s a liquid. Duh.

Pudding is a generic term referring to desserts in general. That chocolatey confection you shared is mousse. Or maybe blancmange. Or something.

1 Like

That’s normal. Not just a New York thing

4 Likes

Well, now I’m going to have to go engineer on you. Gasoline, which consists primarily of octane, is a highly volatile liquid at normal atmospheric conditions. However, at 140F (60C) it changes state to a vapor. In your hot engine, it will exist in a gaseous state. Your car runs on gas.

8 Likes

That’s student breakfast. Same as next-day Chinese food, also eaten cold. :yum:

3 Likes

For the record, MOST petrol station food will be terrible, but particularly in the southern United States, you can find some gems that will serve really good food cooked from scratch by someone who knows what they’re doing. You may need to get the advice of locals to find them.

3 Likes

Then I’m going to need you to explain bread pudding to me. It doesn’t really seem like bread. Maybe it’s just soggy? I think it’s usually delicious, as long as ther are no raisins in it.

I sold my car to fund Disney vacations.

3 Likes

A fine choice

1 Like

In the US pudding and mousse are two separate foods. Mousse is fancy, pudding is not.

3 Likes

I tell people it’s because of the environment. I’m lying, obviously.

3 Likes

I always say Mother Nature can take care of herself.

Did you mean bread and butter pudding? That has sultanas in it, not raisins. Here’s a recipe:

Not sure if bread pudding is the same. The only recipe I found was on the US version of the same site. And it does have raisins in it:

The traditional English version though is bread and butter pudding. Which I don’t like.

1 Like

Looks pretty similar. I’ve had bread pudding many many times and it has never been the same. Sometimes it’s kind of soggy, sometimes it is more bread-like with some kind of brandy sauce on top. All very tasty.

And I had to google sultanas. Never heard of them before. They’re raisins made from white grapes. Somebody did some marketing work to make their product sound fancier.

I don’t understand the difference.

Or something.

I don’t understand what an English band has to do with dessert.

All sultanas are raisins.

But not all raisins are sultanas!
In math notation to try to amuse @sanstitre_has_left_the_building, i believe that would be

Sultanas ⊂ Raisins

2 Likes

Pudding is what we call any dessert. Not a specific type of dessert. Although some desserts may have pudding in the name. Where you might say “what’s for dessert?” we would say “what’s for pudding?”

2 Likes