Dusinas Do Disney year #6- FIRST trip report-Pandemic Edition

Sounds pretty perfect!

What a great day! So glad everything worked out so nicely today. I felt the same about Oga’s when we went at DLR. Very cool atmosphere but a little loud and we had to stand. I was with 5 underage kids so we just tried a few of the non-alcoholic beverages and the weird little dessert thing they have. Probably would have liked it more if I’d ordered something a little stronger! :rofl:

3 Likes

Yeah. Our kids weren’t even tall enough to eat off our standing table so um yeah, eating on the floor for over $100. Not happens again :roll_eyes: (major eye roll) :joy:

10 Likes

Wowza! At least you got to sit down. (Looking on the bright side.)

I didn’t know they had food. I don’t think Oga’s in DLR has food other than the little dessert. Or maybe I just don’t remember accurately. It was a full year ago that we were there!

1 Like

the food is not very good, I thought. one and done

2 Likes

Sounds amazing!

1 Like

Ditto that!

1 Like

Funny pic when I needed to social distance from my family during BG time. Ha

And if anyone is asking, Yes my youngest is 7 and Yes I still take a stroller. Why? So it can carry MY things including cooler :rofl:. I am heartbroken to think this will HAVE to be the last year with that stroller. Lol

14 Likes

Amazing how much you can bring along when you don’t have to carry it all! Love it!

2 Likes

Also, social distancing from your family … you know we’ve all been there, done that! :rofl:

6 Likes

I have a photo from 2014 with me trying to help my kids with the Phineas and Ferb thing at Epcot. I was most definitely on my very last nerve and it shows. I was holding it together but only because we were in public. :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Hilarious

The Child!

21 Likes

The announcement for premiere of Season 2 of the Mandalorian came out today. It’s coming on my birthday - October 30!!

9 Likes

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

THAT is a Great Magic Shot!

4 Likes

As I was showering tonight I thought of something that happened Monday at MK.

Does anyone remember the topic that was posted a few weeks ago? The topic about horrible advice a CM gave them about “the new trick” of setting a DAS pass?

If you have that thread or remember it tag me in it. I had the SAME experience of a super nice and friendly CM come and whisper to us how we can get a DAS pass to “skip the lines”. DH and I were horrified that this was actually something a CM would advise. PLUS add the fact that my kids were in ear shot and we had to explain the whole thing: what a DAS is, why we don’t need, and then to explain why that was horrible advice to give out as then it takes away from the people who truly need it.

Uhh,made me sad. But I guess happy for another life lesson for DS’s and another reason to show grace.

Anyway…I was wondering if same CM as other liner or not. It was at temp check at MK.

9 Likes

That’s insane. Was this a CM on duty and in uniform? If so I would report that CM

3 Likes

That’s horrible, I agree w/ @OBNurseNH, report them! Here’s the link: DAS qualification question

1 Like

Yes. And the sad part is it happened twice.

So he said it to us as we were the front of the temp check on the way in. Then he was still there when we left at 5 and must have remembered our shirts. Because he approached us again and reminded us “what we need to do to skip the line”…which only led to more talks and life lessons to DS’s :cry:

3 Likes