Dusinas Do Disney year #6- FIRST trip report-Pandemic Edition

That’s so crazy it came from a CM! Wow

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

With wait times so short right now why would ppl try to skip the line unless then really needed to? Shame on that CM. What’s that phrase, “This is why we can’t have anything nice”

4 Likes

Yup that needs to be shared.

1 Like

Exactly. And I almost hate myself for not saying anyone the moment however it was one of those things so horrible it’s like watching a car crash.

He literally said here’s the trick; then in a whisper voice said, “you just go to guest services and say my son (then he nearly put his hand on my oldest) can’t stand in lines and then they will scan your band and you can skip the line. Don’t worry they won’t ask you questions. Just say he has a disability and can’t stand in lines”

I wanted to cry and kick him at the same time. Because we are very able, and so grateful every day to be able. I teach my kids to be grateful that they are able and to show empathy to others who aren’t as fortunate and this cm just showed the exact opposite.

8 Likes

I am so disgusted right now. I can imagine being so shocked though that words escaped you.

4 Likes

Yes. I honestly think the stress of getting a BG (as horrible as that may sound) had suppressed that memory till now.

2 Likes

Yes, this! I’m always shocked in the moment and freeze, because I’m always caught off guard when someone behaves badly. I’m not naive just believe and hope for the best from others. Don’t beat yourself up! Nice parenting w/ your boys. Teachable moment :heartbeat:

8 Likes

Any reason why he would tell you this? Was he being flirtatious? Doesn’t make any sense for a CM who truly cares about guests to do this, because while it might benefit you, it would disadvantage every other guest.

2 Likes

It is stressful… I’m glad you got one too! We didn’t the other day… but there will be other chances.

No, no reason to be flirtatious. I was with my DH and 2 sons. Actually he first started talking to us bc we said we were from Ohio and CM and DH had a connection through OSU football. Maybe he thought he was being “cool” or “helpful“ ?

2 Likes

In any case, I think you handled it well!

2 Likes

Thanks. Feel like I need to do more. I think I will report it. I just want that “advice “ to be stopped.

4 Likes

This is disgusting.

1 Like

It makes me wonder if the guy is a disgruntled employee and is telling people this to “stick it to the man” as it were.

I will say that for the first time in all my trips to Disney, I experienced hearing one cast member complaining audibly to another cast member in clear earshot of us. She something like, “I don’t paid enough to have to put up with this,” to which the other CM responded, “Exactly.”

I don’t know what the situation was specifically she was complaining about, but I had never heard complaining from a CM before.

2 Likes

Could be.

For the most part CM have been amazing as ever. Most times when we walk past they always wave and say hello, welcome, have a good day…something. I will say this trip I’ve experienced passing CM who don’t bother to look up and say anything more then others. Most times it’s 99% say hi but this trip it’s maybe been 80%.

I could see how with all the cleaning and safety measures some CM could feel “over it”

4 Likes

Good morning! Arrived at Riviera skyliner for Epcot at 10:10 and 3rs ones in line. Definitely do not need to plan to get here early. The heat may kill us today but hoping to make it to our “Linner” (lunch/dinner) at Biergarten at 3:30. Then probably home after that.

Also looking forward to the Remmy scavenger hunt. DH also has us convinced they will choose us to randomly come ride the not yet open Remy ride. Haha

15 Likes

Just realized you can see DH and kids playing Disney eye spy card game in the shade. That game is the best time passer. I definitely suggest it for anyone with kids.

8 Likes

Opened Skyliner 10 mins early. On gondola at 10:20

3 Likes

You can go to any guest services to report the helpful CM. Especially try to remember the time and place. The CM could be discovered through who was scheduled then.

I don’t know how true this is now, 15 years ago I was told that the name tag could or could not actually be that CM’s name. There was a such a huge problem if a CM had no name tag that spare name tags were handy for use if a CM was without their own when suiting up to go on stage.

Apologies for hi jacking ! Looking forward to more of your trip (wipes drool from phone).

3 Likes