Disney Food You Made At Home

You all have inspired me! I made the cheeseburger egg rolls today. My store didn’t have the correct wrappers so that part was a fail but the filling was spot on. Yum.

2 Likes

That recipe is mind-boggling. So, you put a mayo-based spread on the outer sides of the bread?!? I thought it was always butter. When we feel like being decadent, we butter and grill the inside edges of the bread before preceding as normal.
I think I’ll make this.

1 Like

4 Likes

I have started using mayo instead of butter on any grilled cheese sandwich I make now after trying this. I am a convert. It is so much tastier and makes the crust perfectly crispy.

Makes sense. Mayo is basically just eggs and oil.

3 Likes

I’ve been doing this for almost 20 years.

1 Like

@darkmite2 made some amazing items in honor of his trip that could not happen this year. Here is the link to the thread if you want to check it out (his part with the food starts about half way down):

2 Likes

My husband bought me the Ultimate Disneyworld Cookbook for my birthday! Of course it’s all in cups so it’s going to take some figuring out. Anyone else got it?

1 Like

Took me some time to figure out what this meant. LOL

2 Likes

Would you like me to send you some cups :wink:

2 Likes

A nice little conversion chart in the back might have been a good idea. I’m excited for your new cookbook though!

Side note: I may, or may not have just purchased that waffle maker because of this thread. I like @NoBellePrizeWinner’s tradition and right now my kiddo seems to be at the age where the only time off his computer is whenever I’m in the kitchen making treats for him. I am HORRIBLE at pancakes and waffles as a general rule. Wish me luck!

4 Likes

I loathe having to use “cups” / “teaspoons” / “tablespoons” … I avoid it at every opportunity - especially with dry ingredients. You get a more consistent bake / cook using metric!

4 Likes

I expect I could buy some on Amazon but I’d much rather have weights listed instead of cups. The one time I did the conversion for ooey gooey toffee cake it was a disaster.

1 Like

Good luck!

Definitely!

1 Like

I told my family I bought that waffle maker yesterday and to my great surprise they were ALL OVER IT! Waffles aren’t a thing they usually order pretty much ever.

I was pleasantly surprised that when I was trying to explain the design to my son, the direct connection he made was the one trip to WDW that he remembers, 4 years ago :sniff: Chef Mickey’s and specifically those waffles.

I told them I would be up for making them every Sunday morning. To which both my husband and my son started adding pretty much every other day of the week as well.

~ “It’s ok Mom, you only have to butter them on Sunday’s though…even though they really, really, really taste better buttered. But I know they are a lot of work so we can have them other days too…but you only have to butter them Sunday’s.”

Gee. Thanks Kid.

So as far as the mix is concerned…the premade just add water or the one where you have to add other stuff too? Preferences?

4 Likes

If you want “official” Disney Mickey Waffles they use this -

3 Likes

I’m an American and I agree.

Fortunately, there are conversions online from cups to grams for pretty much every flour or sugar. Most other things you can look at the packaging to convert. Like one serving might be 1 teaspoon and 5 grams.

The one I don’t need to convert but I understand the annoyance is “One stick of butter”

My heritage is half Czech. I have a cookbook of Czech recipes. For about the first decade I owned it, I could do half the recipes because I didn’t know what Oleo was.

I come from a long line of good Southern home cooks. When I was younger I would beg them to teach me. All I ever got was a bunch of “season to taste” / “a little of this & that” recipes! Those bother me more than anything! I want to know exactly how much to put in so that I get consistent outcomes every time I cook. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

People always want my recipes. I don’t have recipes, I have lists of ingredients, and even those are sometimes swapped out. I use “some” of everything.

2 Likes

I am the same way. I look at a recipe get the gist and make it my own.

2 Likes