Disney Food You Made At Home

It’s definitely pretty close.

Ate them about as fast as one does in the parks too. :smirk:

2 Likes

I made the waffles again a few days ago and discovered that they turn out better if the batter is thin, not thick. I accidentally made it more watery, but in the end the waffles were tastier, lighter, and crispier.

Just an fyi.

3 Likes

I found out our local bakery makes pretzels (not in the shape of Mickey, unfortunately) so I bought a couple and then made my own cheese sauce. I knew it had to be from fake cheese, so I found a recipe that was just cheez whiz and sour cream mixed together 1:1 and warmed in the microwave. We all agreed the cheese sauce was better than Disney, but the pretzel was worse!

Tonight I’m going to attempt to make nachos from here https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/dining/epcot/cantina-de-san-angel/menus/.
I bought some fancy tortilla chips and will make my own cheese sauce (from butter + flour + milk + cheese this time, since theirs was not fake cheese lol).

1 Like

How’d the nachos turn out?

Great! DS says they were almost as good. I used this cheese sauce recipe 5 Minute Nacho Cheese Sauce Recipe {Video!} - Budget Bytes which wasn’t the same, but still good (I think Disney’s used some type of white cheese).

Does this count? Rancor beer flight, courtesy of Oga Garra. Well, and a local brewer.

7 Likes

In regard to the waffles, make sure you get the Golden mix that you just add water. Don’t get the one where you add eggs and everything else. Just water! We love em and eat them fairly often.

Chocolate chip Mickeys. Perfection

7 Likes

My daughter has started doing all the baking while I work at home and the results are delicious!!!
We combined Mickey waffles with the sleepy hollow Nutella and fruit idea…I may now have an addiction. Also made the pineapple lumpias…no picture but they were great!

7 Likes

what recipe did you use for the lumpia? I’d love to give those a try!

I loved this before we (my doctor and I) figured out that my low lung capacity was actually how my body was showing a wheat allergy and I had to go gluten-free.

A couple of my kids ordered gluten free Mickey waffles at Trattoria al Forno on our departure day. On our way out the door, one of my gluten-eating kids was still hungry, and I had her steal an uneaten one off her brother’s plate. She said it was EVEN BETTER than the regular waffle she’d just eaten. I can’t eat gluten either, so I wouldn’t know, but her enthusiastic endorsement left me willing to try one next time.

2 Likes

The Disney Food Blog has a whole section of recipes and it was in there.

1 Like

Happy Easter! May the season bring you hope, love, and joy despite our worldwide pandemic.

I got an email from Golden Malted this morning. 15% off everything, which would include that waffle mix. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Alas, only available in the U.S. :slightly_frowning_face:

:frowning::weary:

I wonder if I can buy and have it ship outside of US. I will check later. I have to cut and sew face masks for DD21 who just started her first job out of college and is considered essential.

I haven’t sewn in years!:grimacing:

1 Like

You are right. It will only ship to a US address. Sorry!

That’s okay, but you’ll have to make one (and enjoy it!) for all of us foreigners. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We made the Disney Parks churros last night! They were a little easier than I expected and were delish! We made probably 20 churro “bites” and only used about 1/6th of the dough! So many more churros are in my future.

5 Likes

We made the Gray Stuff today. We used Glutinos instead of Oreos, so I think that may have made it lose some of the original’s cookie taste. Plus it’s been over a year since I’ve had it. Either way it was fun to make and sweet to eat.

4 Likes