Disney Food You Made At Home

Ever eat something so scrumptious at Disney you decide to make it at home.? Was it O’hana that had the Maui Scalloped potatoes? I made those years ago, and they were great. But I lost the recipe and haven’t been able to find the equivalent online. Here’s my attempt at Skipper Canteen S.H.E. Shu Mai (delicious), and the black beans and rice at Sunshine Seasons (didn’t work, but I didn’t have a recipe.)

6 Likes

I know Disney sells a Mickey Waffle maker, but I’d really like to know the batter recipe. The shape is obviously important, but it’s not a Mickey Waffle if it doesn’t taste like one!

2 Likes

It gets mentioned quite a bit on chat but I’ve never paid attention. I think it’s Golden something.

1 Like

Golden Malted Waffle Mix

7 Likes

Awesome! Thanks!

1 Like

I would really like to know how to make the cronut.

Well… maybe not. I would eat them all the time. Every meal. Every snack. I would get up in the middle of the night to have one. Then another. And just to make sure I got enough, yet another.

Seriously, if anyone has that recipe, I would love it.

5 Likes

Thanks to this thread I just spent $100 on a Mickey Waffle Iron and some Golden Malted Waffle Mix. LOL!

13 Likes

We made the lava cakes from Coral Reef. They hand out the actual recipe.

I have the strawberry soup recipe from 1900PF but haven’t attempted to make it yet. Maybe I will now…

That’s nothing compared to the new iPhone and shoes @Randall1028 enticed me to buy from his trip reports.

Enjoy!

4 Likes

Yesterday I made goat cheese and chive scrambled eggs (Boma breakfast). I have made strawberry soup in the past (it didn’t turn out but I figured why and need to try again). My kids love it when I make POG juice (not really food I know).

2 Likes

We’ve made a “representation” of the bread service and sauces from Sanaa. It went pretty well, although it is hard to get the Naan even close to the fresh made goodness that you get when they make it for you.

1 Like

Love my iPhone 11, thanks @Randall1028!

LOL!

3 Likes

I tried to make Chip’s sticky bun bake. I couldn’t find the right yeast. I tried a substitute and it didn’t raise properly. :cry:

I would like to make 'Ohana bread pudding but haven’t attempted it yet.

1 Like

What’s the POG juice recipe? That’s dd’s favorite!

It’s crazy simple–it’s equal parts orange juice, passionfruit juice and gauva juice.

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I already have a waffle iron (not a Mickey one), but I’ve never managed to get waffles that are that great…now I’m going to have to try the Golden Malted Waffle mix. The next question is where can you buy it (other than ordering on-line). Kroger doesn’t seem to carry it.

I do have to admit that we tend to make it with slightly more passionfruit and slightly less OJ instead of perfect equally mixed parts (but only slightly)

1 Like

I want a poutine recipe!

1 Like