Disney Food You Made At Home

I expect I could buy some on Amazon but I’d much rather have weights listed instead of cups. The one time I did the conversion for ooey gooey toffee cake it was a disaster.

1 Like

Good luck!

Definitely!

1 Like

I told my family I bought that waffle maker yesterday and to my great surprise they were ALL OVER IT! Waffles aren’t a thing they usually order pretty much ever.

I was pleasantly surprised that when I was trying to explain the design to my son, the direct connection he made was the one trip to WDW that he remembers, 4 years ago :sniff: Chef Mickey’s and specifically those waffles.

I told them I would be up for making them every Sunday morning. To which both my husband and my son started adding pretty much every other day of the week as well.

~ “It’s ok Mom, you only have to butter them on Sunday’s though…even though they really, really, really taste better buttered. But I know they are a lot of work so we can have them other days too…but you only have to butter them Sunday’s.”

Gee. Thanks Kid.

So as far as the mix is concerned…the premade just add water or the one where you have to add other stuff too? Preferences?

4 Likes

If you want “official” Disney Mickey Waffles they use this -

3 Likes

I’m an American and I agree.

Fortunately, there are conversions online from cups to grams for pretty much every flour or sugar. Most other things you can look at the packaging to convert. Like one serving might be 1 teaspoon and 5 grams.

The one I don’t need to convert but I understand the annoyance is “One stick of butter”

My heritage is half Czech. I have a cookbook of Czech recipes. For about the first decade I owned it, I could do half the recipes because I didn’t know what Oleo was.

I come from a long line of good Southern home cooks. When I was younger I would beg them to teach me. All I ever got was a bunch of “season to taste” / “a little of this & that” recipes! Those bother me more than anything! I want to know exactly how much to put in so that I get consistent outcomes every time I cook. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

People always want my recipes. I don’t have recipes, I have lists of ingredients, and even those are sometimes swapped out. I use “some” of everything.

2 Likes

I am the same way. I look at a recipe get the gist and make it my own.

2 Likes

I found plenty of conversions online but they were all different! I didn’t feel like I could trust them.

1 Like

Surely you wouldn’t mind adding these to your collection?!
https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-mouse-and-friends-measuring-cups-disney-eats-465014693196.html

1 Like

No I wouldn’t but they don’t ship to the U.K.

PM me your address! I’d be happy to get them to you!!

4 Likes

I literally just laughed out loud at my desk. As soon as I saw the URL. After I bought the Mickey waffle maker (oh so many waffles ago…), I bought these measuring cups. They are awesome, just like the waffle maker. I actually use the Mickey one every day for measuring out my coffee.

5 Likes

That is so sweet of you! Will pm you now.

I didn’t make these but they are so cute. My chiropractor had these made for her patients, Mickey themed sugar cookies! We are both huge Disney fans!

6 Likes

years ago my mother in law got this for my DD6. She loves to read it but we never made anything. A few weeks ago we tried the “gus’s mac and cheeseburger” recipe- it was delicious!
I have also made “merida’s scones”
which were very good too. Sorry I don’t have pics!
The recipes were pretty easy and geared towards children

4 Likes

So the “Frozen Brown Elephant” is one of my favorite “treats” in WDW and I figured it’s easy to make at home. It’s a very basic coke slushee with Amarula. Something fun for saturday, I thought. Not so fast.

First, I made the mistake of trying it with diet coke. Newsflash: the lack of sugar makes the ice and liquid seperate, doesn’t work. I got a glass full of coke and ice mush that had to be eaten with a spoon (yes, I did.)

Next, I went out and bought regular coke and froze part of it. As a total brainfart, I put the Amarula in the mixer. I assume because it’s cream based, I now have a giant container of foamed and very cold coke. It literally doubled in volume and also became quite tasteless.

I’m calling it a night and drinking plain Amarula :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

Today’s breakfast of champions (sorry for the half eaten waffle… couldn’t contain myself!)

9 Likes

We’ve made a lot of at-home iterations of disney food, but I’ve not posted about them until now. I think I feel compelled to post this one because it seemed so simple but went so wrong! My son had a drink at the Grand Floridian Cafe called Tropical Splash. The menu says its “A refreshing surprise of blended Strawberries and Orange Juice.” It literally looked just like strawberry puree in the bottom of a glass of OJ. I thought, pay $6 for it at Disney and then make it for much cheaper for the whole family at home, right!? WRONG. It really must not be just strawberry puree in OJ because the puree floated, rather than sitting at the bottom, and the drink just didn’t have the strawberry taste like the one at Disney. I think maybe they cook the strawberries in sugar and water, kind of as if one was making jam. That would make a strawberry “syrup” with some pureed strawberry bits. I don’t know if that would float or sit at the bottom.

I just wanted to share the experience LOL

3 Likes