Current same day FP drops

Important! This post will unpin itself after you’ve read it unless you follow these instructions. I will be updating it if the drop times change, so keeping it pinned will be the easiest way to find it.

First, click on your profile icon in the top corner, and click on the gears symbol.

On the drop down menu under Account, choose Interface.

Uncheck the box that automatically unpins topics you have read.

Still with me? Great!

For those who don’t know, WDW usually drop more FPs into the system at points during the day for that same day. These do count towards your normal FPs, so the usual tiering rules apply - only one tier 1 FP in your first 3, if you are in the same park. You can modify an existing FP, or book a new one if you are eligible.

The current FP drop times are:

AK - 11.01, 1.01, 3.01, 5.01
HS - 9.31, 12.01, 2.31
EP - 11.31, 1.31, 3.31
MK - no specific drop times

None of these times are guaranteed, and you may not see the same ride availability at each drop.

If you see a change reported on chat or elsewhere and I haven’t updated the times, reply to this thread and I’ll check it out.

Happy FP grabbing!

99 Likes

Thanks for this!

2 Likes

You are amazing! Have I told you that this week?

4 Likes

Aw shucks! Hardly deserved but thank you! I’d never have remembered how to stop it unpinning without you.

2 Likes

Thank you for both the FP timing and the keeping it pinned info!

If you park hop to one of the parks with tiers, does that reset the tiering rules? For example, if we used 3 or more FP+s at MK and then went to Epcot for the afternoon/evening, would we be able to get two Tier 1 FP+s if they were available or would we need to get Tier 2s as our 5th and 6th before another Tier1?

2 Likes

When you park hop, tiers don’t apply. You could just book FOP in advance, and then immediately book SDD once you’d used it.

If you’ve used 3 in the same park, any subsequent FPs can be tier 1 whether you’re in the same park or a different one. Tiers only apply to the first 3.

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Great use of the “pinned post” feature! Thanks for setting this up!

2 Likes

Thank you! Great information and I’m glad to have the times listed in one place. That’s a much more concise list than what I’ve found searching around and trying to put it all together.

2 Likes

What did I do wrong? I followed the directions and this is still far down in the list of threads. I thought “pinned” meant it would stay at the top.

I’ve noticed it still “unpins” it each time you scroll to the bottom (and see the latest comment). I’ve had to change this each time. I think it must be a bug, because this is exactly what @missoverexcited’s “how-to” should prevent from happening.

See the “Pinned” drop-down? Change that.

2 Likes

A good work-around is to just Bookmark this thread. You can get to your bookmarks by clicking on your profile pic at the top:

3 Likes

If pinning isn’t working, an alternative tool is to bookmark the post - you can click this icon at the bottom of any post:
bookmark

Then, whenever you want to find the posts you’ve bookmarked, just click on your profile icon at the top right of the page and click the bookmarks icon there.

my%20bookmarks

That will open a page with all of your saved posts.

5 Likes

Great minds think alike. :wink:

3 Likes

Yes that’s what it should do - it has worked for me since I changed the settings. I think @TheProphetPaul must be right and it’s a bug?

Thanks to @TheProphetPaul and @JJT for pointing out it can be bookmarked as well!

2 Likes

Came back here, to see it’s “unpinned” again.:

Checked my settings to be sure:

Who should we tag to get their attention? I mean, it’s not THAT big a deal, but it is annoying that it doesn’t work.

Wow, I always thought that the stories about more FP dropping during the day were an urban legend like Bigfoot, However, I’ve gone onto MDE earlier today and just now at 12:01 PM. TSM and RNR FP appeared at 12:01. They were not available earlier. But by 12:02 they were all gone.

4 Likes

Probably best to email webmaster@touringplans.com. Unless @david can help?

If you go and read another pinned topic, does that unpin as well? I’m wondering if you are already too late to keep this thread pinned if you’ve opened it before you change your settings, even if you haven’t read to the bottom.

Thanks for this! Is there a general timeframe for the FPP’s that get dropped same day? I.e. does the 12:01 drop usually provide fastpasses for 12, 1, and 2, or are some of them four or five hours down the road?