First Post and First Vacation

@dsollie That’s a great idea. We’ll do that for sure. Thank you!

1 Like

You can also order a birthday cake made & decorated by Disney and delivered to the on-site restaurant of your choice. I did this for my daughter’s 13th birthday a few years ago. It was a great surprise as they brought it out and made a big deal about her. You do have to take the cake with you or trash it when you leave. Luckily, I had made a late dinner ADR so we got to take it back to our room and eat birthday cake for breakfast the next day or two.

This is what I did -

This is what I found today - (You may still be able to do both, but I only found this)
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/cake-orders/

1 Like

When I click on the HS TP I get your AK plan again?

@sbbradshaw Fixed that! Not sure what happened there. Thanks.

@darkmite2 Cake for breakfast?! I’m in! She’ll love that Mickey cake. I’m adding to our Ohana reservation. Thanks!

1 Like

I got one with Merdia on it - her favorite. She burst into “happy” tears.

Just looked at your HS day (we too plan to avoid Star Wars so was especially interested in your plan.) It says you will have to wait 71 minutes for TSMM? Are you sure you want to do that? Can you get there for the 6am rope drop or earlier than 9am?

@sbbradshaw We are not early risers for sure! I haven’t played around with the times to see what would happen if we got there at 8am (or earlier). My guess is that one hour earlier will save us a lot of time in line. I’ll see what I can figure out.

Or maybe look for a same day FPP drop… though it would be later in the day I know since you have the FPP for SDD later…

@sbbradshaw The wait times drop a lot with an 8am arrival: (EMH) Hollywood Studios

What’s a FPP drop?

Wow - this might blow your mind --follow this link - if it doesn’t work, search for that wording.

Current same day FP drops

On you AK day - do you just ride the train without actually visiting the affection section or animation experience?

My kids were same age as yours on our first visit and they enjoyed the affection section a lot.

Not sure if the train ride itself worth the time though…

@sbbradshaw Ummm… that’s huge advice! Thanks!

that link is more about how to pin the post so do be sure to search further on the topic. It can be a game changer.

@eug2506 Yes, that was the idea. Since the MK train will be closed on our trip, we thought we’d use this as a “substitute.” We’re not “animal watching” people. It’s been several years since we’ve been to a zoo, so we decided not to do that part of AK.

I’ll check out the affection section though!

You may already know this, but you can look at the wait time data for each ride on each day. This might help you figure out if there’s a better time to do something w/out a FPP

https://touringplans.com/hollywood-studios/attractions/toy-story-mania/wait-times/date/2019-09-18

@darkmite2 I didn’t know this either! That’s a huge tool to use to plan. Thank you.

1 Like

I had the same thought, that the TSMM wait sounds painful. If you can move your Tier 2 FPPs to earlier and use the 9:31 am drop to modify your Slinky Dog Dash earlier, once you’re done SDD you’d be eligible for a 4th fast pass and could potentially get one for TSMM.

I mocked that up, and it lets you have a 9:30am start instead of 9am. Lunch is a bit later, but you end up with 74 minutes of free time after all your rides/shows are over before dinner. And there might be a chance you could pick up a same day fast pass for Alien Swirling Saucers too, which would further reduce your wait time.

https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=3754495

2 Likes

@Steenaca Can you make your plan public? I’d love to see it.

Oops sorry, I thought I’d checked the box but hadn’t. It should show now.

1 Like