Cancellation watch: June dates

Random but I was just clicking around on MDE and the earliest you can buy a ticket for early morning magic in Fantasyland is 7/7 :woman_shrugging:

A bit of interesting news… When I called today, a cm told me that it’s still possible that Disney world would be open for our trip (June 6-13) and that the emails sent out are just to say that the trip may be impacted by the closure. She said that we can cancel up to the day before we arrive and still receive 100% of our refund and that we may want to leave the reservation until we know for sure.

2 Likes

Yesterday they closed all parks through the 6th. Is she saying the resort might be open on the 6th?

Yes, I saw that. Perhaps there is a chance they would open it back up? She just said that nothing is set in stone right now and that things are changing daily.

Since they’re cancelling one week at a time, they’re not going to tell you that the parks are going to be closed beyond where they’ve got to.

The CM will have in front of her something that says “Parks closed thru June 6th”. Therefore anything beyond that is “possible” and the chances are she won’t know anything more anyway. So the message is “Wait before cancelling”.

2 Likes

Yes, I assume so but since she went out of her way to say that and was the first cm that I talked to this week has said that, I found it interesting. Our trip starts on the 6th as well so it was especially notable that she mentioned it since the park hours were removed through the 6th.

I am 99.9999% certain the CMs answering the phones don’t know any more than we do.

8 Likes

So you’re saying there’s a chance …

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vrcH23vQQ7A/XcbvziWfSHI/AAAAAAAAAkE/HFFo0daeTY4a1Gu7MVbX83PJalyM0I92ACLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Dumb.png

1 Like

:joy::joy:

3 weeks?

When the Disney owned places at DS are only opening in 10 days time?

As I’ve said before it’ll take longer than that to put in all the new stuff like markings, let alone train the CMs. And the minute things start happening at MK we’ll know about it.

1 Like

Anybody know how far in advance of re-opening that they started noticing activity at Shanghai? We might be able to get an idea of earliest possible opening from that?

I have had phone calls when I had knowledge that the CM had not yet heard.

3 Likes

Everything closed on January 24th
Shops reopened on March 9th
On April 22nd people noticed social distancing signage
April 28th fireworks testing
May 5th opening announced
May 11 opening

So…potential timeline…

Disney Springs reopens 5/20
Activity noted 6/2
Opening announced 7/16
Opening 7/22

I think I have 7/15 in the pool. :wink:

No info on when CMs were notified?

Date Pool:

6 Likes

Didn’t someone say that one of their college kids was to report back to work on July 21st?

That lines up with your outline.

I know there is an AKL Cultural Rep that is reporting in July.

3 Likes

That was probably the thing I was thinking about.

1 Like

So, in theory, we might see the next round of cancellations tomorrow?

Oh, yes. Probably so! I almost forgot because I was excited about Disney Springs opening today…but I think we’ll see the next round of cancellations tomorrow for the rest of Disney.

My family, 9 of us, were arriving May 29th and leaving June 6th. It was supposed to be our big trip with
family, our adult children, grandkids, and my husband and myself. We were so sad that the trip had to
be postponed. We cancelled and moved our trip out 6 months, but plan on trying again in 2021 same
dates. Right now, I’m thankful we are thankful that no one is sick, but sad this much anticipated trip is
not happening this year!