Cancellation watch: June dates

Two CMs I know who work there said they were terminated quickly with their full knowledge, albeit short notice, so that they could get ahead of the wave of people applying for unemployment. They’ve been promised that their jobs are waiting when Homecoming reopens. Both of them have been there since Homecoming opened and neither is overly credulous.

6 Likes

Right, i had heard similarly. But red tape being what it is…

Hopefully they can chomp through it more quickly than they would otherwise?

I can only speak for the company where I work, but it is a Florida corporation. The only legal requirement which tends to take time is E-Verify, and as everyone who works there has both already been verified as eligible to work and hasn’t been separated long enough that they’d need to be verified again, re-hiring can go as fast as the company wants. Workman’s comp and unemployment are active from the date of hire, even if the confirmation comes later.

2 Likes

Well then, bring on the Moonshine and Spiked Sweet Tea Sippy Cups already!

2 Likes

I have four, because the GM Kevin Smith (not that one, and not Not That one) gives me a new one every time I show up having forgotten one. Though I did give my Big Ghey™ one to @BearsMom2011.

edit: I’ll make sure to fax you one next time you’re in the bubble.

2 Likes

I’m a FL AP and I noticed last week my FPP reservations for the last week of May didn’t disappear until sometime overnight on Thursday so AP’s FPP and ADR’s may be the last thing that that get cleared away if they are not connected to resort reservations.

1 Like

I have one. It has been used over several to the bubble since I obtained it while dining with a talking cat and some other mother runners. It sits proudly and patiently on my dining room hutch, waiting for the day it can get me drunj again

My June 6 (first day of trip) fp are now gone from MDE.

I said that the other day in one of the threads.

They would need a significant number of maintenance CMs back to start marking out lines, spacing etc just in MK alone. I reckon that would take a minimum of 3-4 weeks. Plus training on the new requirements for regular CMs. Plus re-stocking of restaurants etc.

Even if it’s just resorts we’ll have notice before any official announcement.

The minute anything starts, it’ll be noticed either by the Bioreconstruct guy who flies around in a helicopter taking aerial photos, or someone else.

3 Likes

I’ll be surprised if anything happens parks wise before July. Just getting the food supply back into all of the theme parks alone is going to be a significant task. And that’s not to mention all of the things you just listed like the queues being marked, retraining and getting everything else up and running. Reopening the parks is going to be a lengthy process that is going to take several weeks, if not months.

2 Likes

Nothing personal when I say this, but…you aren’t welcome around here any longer.

:wink:

2 Likes

Last week, I added FPP selections to MDE account starting on May 31st and then every other day till June 11th.

The entire first week of June is gone, just the selections for the second week remain.

Just did this to see if I would get any type of notice about cancellations. So far nothing.

1 Like

I hope I am wrong. Really, really hope I am wrong. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I added FP+ for June 13 @ MK even though I know I’m not going :joy: I have an ADR for BoG that I booked months ago, so why not add to the pretend trip :crazy_face:

But wow, is there ever lousy FP+ availability for trips that won’t happen…

5 Likes

Unfortunately, I’m agreeing with you on this more and more. I think you’re right. It will take a long time, and I think Disney “knows” somewhat of a time frame they are looking at and its frustrating they won’t just tell us. I know their reasoning…they are cancelling week by week to keep the phone lines and their IT system from getting completely bogged down. I get it. Its still just frustrating holding out hope each week.

2 Likes

I’m still watching my emails. My payment was due yesterday, but I didn’t pay the balance. I did get a nice email informing me that I am overdue and I can pay by wire. This will be interesting if they’re not cancelling the AP reservations though. I guess I’ll figure that out as I go.

1 Like

All of my ADRs for 5/31 on cancelled yesterday (the 5/30 ones had cancelled previously). Looking at MDE today, I can’t see any FP+ either. Oddly my resort reservation is still there although I did get that cancellation notice someone posted earlier as well.

2 Likes

Same - no reservations or FPP but my hotel stay is still showing in MDE through June 5th. But I got a confirmation email from David’s that I received a credit for my rented DVC points to use for my next booking.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I was just looking at the ticket purchase page of WDW and the first date that you can select to purchase a ticket is July 1, 2020.

1 Like

According to All Ears, Best Western in Disney Springs is now closed through June 30th and cancelling their reservations.