Cancellation watch: June dates

This conference that begins 6/12 still seems to be open for registration:

https://www.ficpa.org/Public/catalog/eventdetails.aspx?courseID=20wls

Ooh I’d like to attend that, actually!

But it’s a thing that makes you go hmmmmmmmmm :thinking:

2 Likes

Oh I see. Start date.

I was looking at the staying-through date

Maybe they are opening resorts for conference guests only?

That’s what I was thinking up further in this thread

This is a one-day conference

Perhaps they feel they can offer conference space safely? Lodging reservations closed last week for this conference. And they are not promising parks. So it seems like they may feel they can deliver on what they have contracted to?

I’m thinking about calling the conference to ask about it just because I have a few minutes on my hands

1 Like

Just called.

Spoke to someone involved in planning and she says, “We don’t think it’s actually going ahead but we have yet to receive official word. We are expecting it to be rescheduled.”

2 Likes

2 Likes

Totally just a theory and this is absolutely NOT OFFICIAL but I am reading on other forums that yes, resort stays and packages with arrival dates through June 6th are being cancelled. However, locals and AP holders who have ADR’s or FPs booked in the first week of June are still showing in their MDE account, and they have not received a “your trip is impacted” email. Two reasons for this: 1.) MDE is just slow on cancelling and they will eventually be gone. Or, 2.) This possibly speaks to the guess that maybe Disney plans to open June 1 but only to local or AP holders, and they don’t plan to open resorts until a later date. This could definitely help with their capacity rate. This is all a total guess though.

My wife pointed out to me earlier today that in order for the parks to be opening June 1, it seems like cast members would have had to have been called back already (or in the very least, have been given a return-to-work date coming up soon). Other than the workers called back for Disney Springs, there doesn’t seem to anything in the rumor mill that I’m aware of to indicate that has happened.

2 Likes

I thought @PrincipalTinker gave some insight with her friend and AKL

Yes…but that wasn’t until July 22nd something, I think it was…and then it was for the global program, not local cast members.

Although it seems Disney’s communication with CMs is lacking. I’ve heard on chat that CMs have seen info on the internet before Disney has been in touch with them directly.

They are needed at the hotel as well. I think that’s a decent indication as the globals are not local. I would think they would be notified first.

Unfortunately this is not uncommon.

1 Like

True. No doubt those from outside the country would need early warning…but I’m just wondering if May 14th is too late for there to be a June 1 opening. Workers need time to make arrangements for working, plus going through training, etc.

I’ll be happier when we were hear “rumors” of cast members being called back like we did for Disney Springs.

1 Like

The liner on chat just had her early June conference at the GF cancelled.

1 Like

Disney just cancelled my reservation for Art Smith’s Homecomin’ on May 31st. I thought that I would have to cancel that one myself since Disney Springs is opening on May 20th with Disney owned locations opening on the 24th, but apparently Homecomin’ is not among them. Or maybe since it was linked to my resort stay they assumed I couldn’t go? (Correct assumption.)

1 Like

I heard that they let their entire staff go? I think they need to start, then, from the ground up in terms of re-hiring, re-training, etc vs just bringing folks back in who were on “hold”

1 Like

WDWNT is reporting all June MDE Disney Springs reservations are being cancelled but they might be on Open Table?

1 Like

WDW has updated their operating calendar and have removed all operating hours through June 6, 2020.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/calendars/month/2020-06-01/

1 Like