Cancellation watch: June dates

Cancellation through the 13th just went out.

7 Likes

My trip starts on the 13th and I just got my notice.

1 Like

Me too. I knew it was coming.

I wish they’d get a move on. I’ve booked H2O Glow Nights for late June and they’re obviously not happening.

4 Likes

Is it possible they chose to stay closed the month of June to accommodate the rumored NBA plans of finishing out the season on Disney property?

Would the NBA contract bring them that much more money that it would be worth it?

All speculation on my part after reading something last night about Disney possibly being a choice for the NBA.

I don’t see these as mutually exclusive. With limited park capacity, I’m thinking there would be enough hotel space for both? I doubt the players will be going into the parks.

Mention was made about the closed environment of Disney. I’m thinking they are interested in the roadways being clear, etc. Preserving the “bubble” for this event without outsiders coming in.

But they don’t need all of Disney to do that, I would think? I can’t imagine they would open up the parks to their exclusive use or anything. Just section off certain hotels and relocate those guests elsewhere?

I’m thinking the parks themselves will remain closed. The hotels will be used for players/managers/press/entourages and the road system will be closed to outsiders.

Again, all speculation.

I don’t think there will be any reason to keep the world closed. Sports teams travel and stay in hotels all the time.

I remember because that is the date I wanted (my bday), but alas, I was too slow!

1 Like

Reports this morning in Boston say two locations for the last 5 games or so and then playoffs. They need more rooms for the first week or two (more teams) but they need hotel, and playing facilities (maybe even just one location). They don’t really “practice” during the season, they will have that time at home.

They don’t need the parks or transportation. Some family members might be around too so they might go into the parks. Roads and transportation should not be impacted (although a restaurant might let a player in without an ADR at times?).

Question about the cancellations. At this time, only one day of my trip is on a cancelled day. If I don’t do anything, will they just cancel my whole vacation or just the one day. The email isn’t super clear on this point. Also, about how long until they just do it for you?

Previous weeks, they cancel the entire trip if any day falls within the cancellation window.

It might vary if you have a split stay - I haven’t seen any info on that.

I think it does vary with a split stay. I had a split-split-split stay that started June 13th. The only two days that have been canceled so far are June 13th and 14th. We were switching hotels on the 15th and all my reservations and FPs are still intact from the 15th on.

1 Like

In my case, it is not split stay. As of now my reservation is still listed on my account. Does anyone know about how long it takes before they automatically cancel it?

1 Like

I got an email the day it was cancelled, but my hotel reservation is STILL in MDE two weeks + later. So that may not mean anything.

I’m really hoping my June 22 reservations are canceled. This is giving me a little hope!