Cancellation watch: June dates

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vrcH23vQQ7A/XcbvziWfSHI/AAAAAAAAAkE/HFFo0daeTY4a1Gu7MVbX83PJalyM0I92ACLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Dumb.png

1 Like

:joy::joy:

3 weeks?

When the Disney owned places at DS are only opening in 10 days time?

As I’ve said before it’ll take longer than that to put in all the new stuff like markings, let alone train the CMs. And the minute things start happening at MK we’ll know about it.

1 Like

Anybody know how far in advance of re-opening that they started noticing activity at Shanghai? We might be able to get an idea of earliest possible opening from that?

I have had phone calls when I had knowledge that the CM had not yet heard.

3 Likes

Everything closed on January 24th
Shops reopened on March 9th
On April 22nd people noticed social distancing signage
April 28th fireworks testing
May 5th opening announced
May 11 opening

So…potential timeline…

Disney Springs reopens 5/20
Activity noted 6/2
Opening announced 7/16
Opening 7/22

I think I have 7/15 in the pool. :wink:

No info on when CMs were notified?

Date Pool:

6 Likes

Didn’t someone say that one of their college kids was to report back to work on July 21st?

That lines up with your outline.

I know there is an AKL Cultural Rep that is reporting in July.

3 Likes

That was probably the thing I was thinking about.

1 Like

So, in theory, we might see the next round of cancellations tomorrow?

Oh, yes. Probably so! I almost forgot because I was excited about Disney Springs opening today…but I think we’ll see the next round of cancellations tomorrow for the rest of Disney.

My family, 9 of us, were arriving May 29th and leaving June 6th. It was supposed to be our big trip with
family, our adult children, grandkids, and my husband and myself. We were so sad that the trip had to
be postponed. We cancelled and moved our trip out 6 months, but plan on trying again in 2021 same
dates. Right now, I’m thankful we are thankful that no one is sick, but sad this much anticipated trip is
not happening this year!

Cancellation through the 13th just went out.

7 Likes

My trip starts on the 13th and I just got my notice.

1 Like

Me too. I knew it was coming.

I wish they’d get a move on. I’ve booked H2O Glow Nights for late June and they’re obviously not happening.

4 Likes

Is it possible they chose to stay closed the month of June to accommodate the rumored NBA plans of finishing out the season on Disney property?

Would the NBA contract bring them that much more money that it would be worth it?

All speculation on my part after reading something last night about Disney possibly being a choice for the NBA.

I don’t see these as mutually exclusive. With limited park capacity, I’m thinking there would be enough hotel space for both? I doubt the players will be going into the parks.

Mention was made about the closed environment of Disney. I’m thinking they are interested in the roadways being clear, etc. Preserving the “bubble” for this event without outsiders coming in.

But they don’t need all of Disney to do that, I would think? I can’t imagine they would open up the parks to their exclusive use or anything. Just section off certain hotels and relocate those guests elsewhere?