All By Myself with Fifty Thousand Friends: A Solo Trip Report

On my way to WDW for the second time in 2022! Does this make me a Disney adult??

My early-2022 trip was me and my daughter and sister. This time, it’s just me. First solo trip!

I’m staying 5 nights at Pop Century (Nov 29 to Dec 4).

Before this year, I’d last visited WDW in 2006. So I had a LOT of catching up to do in the spring, and it was kind of a whirlwind. This time, I hope to take it at a somewhat more relaxed pace. But that’s not really my nature, so we’ll see.

I didn’t even consider live-reporting in the spring. I’m a single-tasker—I get focused on something and it absorbs all my attention. This time I’ll try, but I can’t guarantee anything. If I start missing LL drops, all bets are off.

I’ve got some meals planned with a few other Liners, and there’s going to be some group activity led by the Disney Dish folks on Dec 2 and 3. I can’t wait for my first-ever Liner meets!

I’ll be crossing paths more than once with @LTinNC82, who’s been having herself a merry little Christmas time in WDW and environs since Friday. (And she’ll still be in the World days after I’ve departed—rather unfair, wouldn’t you agree?) We’ll be sharing tables with @jab300 (who was transported to the airport by one of those odd Uber drivers you sometimes get) as well as @FOMOm_VA and @ThorKat.

Here’s a few things I’m especially looking forward to (in addition to the aforementioned meet-ups):

• Guardians of the Galaxy (wasn’t open yet in the spring)
  • Expedition Everest (was closed for refurbishment in the spring :cry:)
  • Jiko and Hollywood Brown Derby meals (never been to either)
  • Self-guided tour of two or three holiday-bedazzled resorts

Now boarding! Best thing about checking a bag is not having to stress about getting on the plane before the overheads fill up.

36 Likes

Safe travels!! Looking forward to meeting you IRL!!

6 Likes

How exciting! I love liner meets!

5 Likes

Yay!

Have you had any Liner meets before?

4 Likes

I got BG1 for GotG today and my boarding group was just called. OMW I promise!!

15 Likes

Never! Not a single one!

10 Likes

I didn’t think so! This is super exciting! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: You’ve got some good ones you’ll be collecting!

8 Likes

Brrr standing in the cold jetway. People fussing with their carryons ahead, overhead bins are full

3 Likes

So excited for you to ride GotG and EE! So fun!

5 Likes

I rode Everest a couple of times on my 2006 trip. It’s my favorite WDW ride so I was super bummed to miss it in the spring.

8 Likes

When I traveled for work, I just gate-checked my carry on when they asked for volunteers. This was free, but also meant my bag would end up being one of the first off the plane. Sure enough, by the time I got to baggage claim, it was already merry go rounding! I liked not having to worry about overhead space.

6 Likes

Make sure you take that random jacket and purse and throw it to the ground to make room for your bag lol

2 Likes

Empty seat between me and aisle-seat guy. Yessss!

It might be the only empty seat on the plane. Very full.

14 Likes

I’m seeing lots of ears.

17 Likes

Are you wearing yours?

2 Likes

I am not sure 3 constitutes “lots”. :roll_eyes::grin:

3 Likes

Don’t own any!

17 Likes

I love your jacket!!

4 Likes

Thanks! I borrowed it from my daughter.

7 Likes

Ugh. Tenth in line for takeoff. I’ll go back into airplane mode when we’re closer.

Come on come on.

8 Likes