Ads? On TP forums?

Is there a reason you are typing querty vs qwerty?

4 Likes

I was wondering if it was intentional as he suggested it was your username that was somehow problematic, presumably for the program to distinguish as a username and not something else

1 Like

Ok. Maybe that’s it? Thank you.

Thank you for helping, @david. I should have said that before. Sorry. Stupidly tired. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Gross incompetence is the only reason that I was typing your username wrong. The Qwerty (see, I can type it correctly!) issue is something that could happen with other accounts. I’m not going into details, but Qwerty didn’t do anything wrong. I apologize for confusing anyone!

5 Likes

@david my wife (@alpha_foxtrot) gets ads and the bottom banner blocks the post count. This is problematic because the browser will randomly scroll and she doesn’t know where she was at and now she can’t use it to navigate the thread.

As a side note, is the family solution for everyone in the family to have a subscription to not get ads? Inquiring Baymaxes would like to know.

Thanks!

6 Likes

I have been missing posts left and right now for a long time due this bug in the forum software. I first reported it back in February here: Weird new forum bug on mobile

Still just as pervasive, and super annoying. I’ve just accepted the fact that I’ll just keep missing posts in threads as a result, because tracking down what I may have missed has become nearly impossible, it happens so much.

1 Like

Happens to me too, but in this case they have no chance and a navigation tool is blocked. If you see the bottom of the post but you’re not actually at the end, start going back really quick because the autoscroll is about to pounce.

1 Like

I believe I moved the “X/Y” box on small screens up a bit for non-subscribers so it does not get obscured by the ad that’s locked to the bottom.

You’re welcome to share a single account within your immediate family, but if you want separate accounts with subscriber privileges, you’ll need to pay for them. If we get enough demand for a “family plan,” we might consider that in the future.

I find ads annoying, and I expect them to be annoying, especially when we’re used to not having them. But we do not want the ads to inhibit function. If there are other things that are blocked/impossible, please let us know.

3 Likes

Regarding the crazy scrolling, I have no information to share. Our provider has no other reports of this sort of behavior, and it hosts many forums that use our software. I pointed their support folks to the topic mentioned above.

If I learn anything, I’ll share that on a different topic rather than here.

2 Likes

We are another family that would be interested in a family plan. Maybe even just a discount on a second account type deal?

4 Likes

We get the ads thing, even if we don’t like them. Some feedback from her is that within a thread, she sees the same ad about every 1 to 2 posts.

I think a family type would be good because in our situation there is very little point to have two subscriptions where the only benefit of the second one is for the forums.

3 Likes

So weird. I see the problem multiple times a day!

2 Likes

Twice today on my iPad I’ve gotten a small video pop up ad in the bottom right corner. After the first time I signed out and then back in. I had not signed out previously since I hadn’t had any issues. Now, after logging in again it just happened. Not a big deal because it was easy to close but wanted to mention it.

4 Likes

Me too. Just logged out and back in. 30 seconds in, and nothing so far.

2 Likes

Happening to me, too. Logged out and in but still happening.

3 Likes

I’ve had it pop up and then go away twice since I’ve logged out and back in.

1 Like

That’s the one!

Me too with that small ad even after logging out and then logging back in,

I am getting ads for Amazon related products.

1 Like

What exactly are we supposed to do at this link? I feel like I am missing something. We go to the help site and submit a request? Isn’t there a direct link to the Help site?

1 Like

It just happened again. @david .