Ads? On TP forums?

Twice today on my iPad I’ve gotten a small video pop up ad in the bottom right corner. After the first time I signed out and then back in. I had not signed out previously since I hadn’t had any issues. Now, after logging in again it just happened. Not a big deal because it was easy to close but wanted to mention it.

4 Likes

Me too. Just logged out and back in. 30 seconds in, and nothing so far.

2 Likes

Happening to me, too. Logged out and in but still happening.

3 Likes

I’ve had it pop up and then go away twice since I’ve logged out and back in.

1 Like

That’s the one!

Me too with that small ad even after logging out and then logging back in,

I am getting ads for Amazon related products.

1 Like

What exactly are we supposed to do at this link? I feel like I am missing something. We go to the help site and submit a request? Isn’t there a direct link to the Help site?

1 Like

It just happened again. @david .

Yes, the best way to contact TouringPlans staff about a technical problem is to “submit a request” via the Contact Us page (https://touringplans.com/contact-us).

You can go directly to the Help Center (https://help.touringplans.com), if you’d like.

I’m seeing the little video ad, too. I guess that’s not being suppressed. Thank you for mentioning it. We’ll deal with it.

4 Likes

Soooo I searched for this topic because i hadn’t used the forum in a while and the ads are REALLY messing up my experience on my iPhone. It’s glitchy. I keep having to reload a page. It skips around when I’m reading a trip report or trying to post. I understand that the forums are free but I subscribe to both Disney and universal TP. Maybe subscribers can have an ad free experience?

2 Likes

Ok i signed out and back in and I think they are gone. I will report back if they return. I’m glad subscribers don’t get them.

2 Likes

Wow, am I getting a beneift from being an Android user? Have not seen a single add.

I’m Apple and I’ve not seen any.

I can see placeholders where they are meant to go but only at the bottom.

I’ve not seen a single actual ad yet. Neither on my (Apple) phone nor on my (MS) computer

3 Likes

My iPad had non-stop ads yesterday. I filled out the feedback form regarding them.

My iPhone has not had any ads.

3 Likes

For part of Monday, a small video ad was enabled only for desktop-sized screens. No one on a phone would have seen it, and it was disabled for all by late evening. That ad was not being suppressed for subscribers as it should have been, but that is now resolved.

3 Likes

It’s baaaaack.

1 Like

I haven’t seen any either and I’m on Apple.

And again.

1 Like

The little video ad should be back, although not for subscribers. I’m not seeing it when I am logged in as a subscriber.

If you are seeing it, please try logging off and logging back in, possibly closing your web browser in between.

On a related note, for now there should be few (if any) ads in between topic posts while we see if it makes scrolling better.

1 Like