Your WDW Top Five

I can’t say I don’t agree a little. I’m always relieved when the trip is over. It’s such a challenging destination. I enjoy going, but I also enjoy leaving.

1 Like
  1. My DD’s happy face riding SDD
  2. Empty Fantasyland during EMM
  3. HEA
  4. Hallowishes
  5. Watching the animals at AKL

Honorable mention:
FOP
Cinderella Castle during MVMCP
Soarin
Festival of fantasy parade

4 Likes
  1. Resting in the GM employees lounge above Test Track in Epcot.
  2. PPO breakfast in Crystal Palace
  3. Since I can’t say AK on it’s own, I’ll say standing at the Tapstiles at AK applying sunscreen with the mounting anticipation for my favorite park.
  4. Lunch at Backlot Express (really) with the refillable sodas and a peek at JTA.
  5. Night time fireworks at either MK or DHS. I’m not a fan of Illuminations, but perhaps their new show will get added to that list. I love, love, love fireworks esp. synchronized with music.
4 Likes

I had to look this up. Can you believe I’ve never seen a show in front of the castle?!
They are usually midday and we are usually doing rides at that time. Hmmmm - maybe I will look into that for this next trip. It would be a new experience for the fam. TY.

I wouldn’t say I enjoy leaving, but I’m not traumatised by it. The days are long and packed and I’m tired. And looking forward to seeing my dog again.

2 Likes

Yeah. Enjoy was probably not the best word… but I’m okay with it by the time it rolls around. Like mission accomplished.

2 Likes
  • Sitting around at Disney Springs at night with family eating our respective snacks just enjoying the ambiance
  • Arriving at EPCOT and catching that first glimpse of Spaceship Earth
  • Similarly, arriving at Magic Kingdom and walking up the platform to board the monorail (and, well, actually riding the monorail…but not sure if that counts as two things based on the rules)
  • Riding Expedition Everest (not only, IMO, the best Disney coaster, but also tends to have very short waits)
  • Riding PeopleMover. Perhaps for nostalgia. Don’t know, really. But while I enjoy Space Mountain, BTMRR, etc., I think I’d be MOST disappointed if I didn’t get a chance to ride the PeopleMover.
3 Likes

This was my favorite ride for over a decade. (And it hasn’t really dropped to second as much as it’s now tied for first.)

I love this thread!

3 Likes

So, what is it tied with? FOP? Something else? (I haven’t been back since FOP opened.)

7DMT
Different type experiences, but it would be hard for me to pick just one.

Hmm. Now I’m disappointed. I’ve been on 7DMT. I put that one last on my list of Disney coasters, behind even Barnstormer! :wink: I was expecting you to answer with something that I could either really look forward to, or else at least say, “Yes! That one’s awesome, too!”

1. Liberty Square River Boat
  2. Watching Harambe Market performers
  3. Soaring (my favourite ride ever)
  4. Boat from POFQ to DS (wait, another boat?)
  5. IASW (yes, and I love that song!)

Honorable mention:
Biergarten restaurant and show
EE and especially its line
ToT and its line

Now, my last visit was just before Pandora opened, so the list may change soon.

3 Likes

Sorry for the low. I trust you can rally. :wink:
(If you think of it as a dark ride and not a coaster, does that help? I know you are a coaster enthusiast…)

1 Like

Not really. For example, Splash Mountain is more dark ride than flume ride, and orders of magnitude better than 7DMT as a dark ride. WTP, PPF, HM, and POTC are better dark rides.

I’ll muddle through, somehow! :smiley:

I am NOT a coaster enthusiast, but I’m hoping to do 7DMT with then DS4 next time we go for the dark ride elements and for his first coaster.

Love 7DMT. First time I rode it, the entire coaster was singing in the mine. It was adorable

2 Likes

Not sure I agree that it’s the best, but we were lucky enough to score EE front row three times in a row last trip basically as a walk on, while everyone else scampered to the Pandora stuff at RD. It was awesome.

It’s fun for young kids to see the characters at the castle. It’s hot because there’s no shade. You only need to arrive 5 minutes early though. We did the 4:15 show so not to mess up the afternoon. That is the last show of the day.

1 Like

This tread is the devil. I am 26 days out and now I just booked another ADR and a dessert party after this post. I should not read any more.

6 Likes