Your WDW Top Five

This is off the cuff, because I like most everything at Disney. If it was just rides, that might make it easier, but I am going to include some historical things too

1. Getting to ride magic carpets with my daughter on the spectrum. I still think that’s the biggest smile I’ve ever seen her have. I know I’ve said this before on here, but it was our 2nd ride on a weeklong trip. They could have come and told me “We understand how much you’ve paid for this trip, but your time here is up.” and it would have been worth it.
  2. Getting to see my other daughter as the Beast in Enchanted Tales with Belle. We went when they still thought they were the actual characters, so when she got to dance with Belle, her eyes were totally lit up!
  3. Getting to be in the hot seat at the now defunct Who Wants to Be Millionaire Play It!
  4. Cronut. Cronuts in the morning. Cronuts at night. Cronuts in the rain. Cronuts That’s all I need to say about this one.
  5. RnRC

Now, if I couldn’t add the historical stuff, carpets wouldn’t be on there, and neither would ETWB. Obviously, Who wants to be a millionaire wouldn’t be there either. My list today would be:

1. Cronuts
  2. RnRC
  3. Soarin
  4. Dole Whip
  5. Kilamanjaro Safari

Honorable mention (in no order):
Haunted Mansion
Carousel of Progress
Indiana Jones Show
EE
BTMRR
Splash
CRT
The Grey Stuff

3 Likes

As far as historical stuff - being handed a carnation on Mother’s Day as I entered AK was a major high.

2 Likes

If I added a historical ride, just for the ride sake, it would be 10,000 leagues under the sea. I didn’t do anything special, just rode it, but I remember it well.

2 Likes

Ugh… my one and only trip as a child when this was still in existence, it was down for refurbishment. I was so focused on rectifying that historical wrong, and was gutted when I learned it was gone.

3 Likes

Getting to see my other daughter as the Beast in Enchanted Tales with Belle. We went when they still thought they were the actual characters, so when she got to dance with Belle, her eyes were totally lit up!

This is one of my all-time favorite memories as well! My daughter was 5 and got picked to play the Beast. The look of awe in her eyes when she danced with Belle made my husband and me cry. I will never forget it!

1 Like

My wife and I were both Knights in armor. I can’t say I cried, but someone was definitely cutting onions in that room. I got emotional for sure.

1 Like

Honestly, it was better than 7DMT, which is in that area now. I just don’t see how they could keep it though to make it wheelchair accessible.

EE is one of those weird rides where depending on which section of the ride you are in the front car OR the back car is best.

Being a solo, I get wherever thanks to single rider line. Lol. Good ride every time though!

1 Like

I most likely will come back later and edit my answer but right now:

1. Wilderness Lodge- ALL OF IT!
  2. HEA
    3.Raglan Road after 10pm for music, appetizers, bread pudding, and drinks
  3. Everest at night
  4. Soarin over California
4 Likes

I’m going to let you off with a warning. But if I see you mentioning “Wishes” then you’re in a world of pain.

1. BTMRR at night
  2. Kilimanjaro Safari when one of the giraffes leaned down and peered right into our truck
  3. Frozen Sing-a-long (laughed so much and belted out all of the songs)
  4. HEA
  5. Dinner at Sanaa (with the bread service) after an hour of exploring AKL
3 Likes

I’ve gotten a glimmer of hope that WDW might bring back Soarin’ over California after Disney decided to extend it’s return at Disneyland, and there are now rumors they might run parallel theaters where you can choose one over the other. If it is successful at DL, then maybe they’ll do the same at WDW!

4 Likes

DL has come to its senses …

1 Like

I think I love the smells the most !

3 Likes
  1. When you first enter Main Street and see the castle
  2. When you’re at the top of Tower of Terror and you see the whole park out the elevator doors.
  3. There used to be a comedy street show in the UK…20+ years ago…they had my mother laughing so hard she almost peed her pants
  4. Eating a hot dog at Casey’s and watching the people walk by
  5. The smell and the sounds of Pirates of the Caribbean

This list is quite old as I haven’t been in over a decade, but these are the things that have stuck with me over the years.

1 Like

7DMT is amazing. I love the marrying of classic Disney dark ride with more current theming and a bit of a thrill (well thrill is a bit of a stretch, but fun nonetheless). This is the reason I like Splash and most especially Radiator Spring Racers (the best ride for me in any of the Disney parks I have been to).

3 Likes

You didn’t like Wishes?

Fun fact - all the night time fireworks look the same to me…

2 Likes

Haven’t been in ~7 Years and heading back in October with DS for his first time. Interesting that mine were mostly more relaxed times/experiences. Maybe I need to pare down my trip plans to create more of those more memorable things. (nah…)

1. Watching MK Fireworks & electrical water pageant from dock of Grand Floridian
  2. Getting a private “Mickey Mouse” bus from T&TC to Boardwalk during morning rush hour (against traffic) after seemingly being ignored for 15 minutes. We had a relaxing morning eating pastries. NOTE – Disney Transportation doesn’t work well when LEAVING the park as it opens.
  3. Magic Kingdom night-time EMH when a cast member congratulated us on our Anniversary trip with confetti.
  4. Meeting Donald (my favorite character) ad-hoc in Epcot WS before the hordes of people realized he was out.
  5. Sitting in Rose and Crown Lounge drinking a beer and sharing a plate of Fish/Chips
2 Likes

I’m entirely indifferent about Wishes. I don’t like people who go on about how much better WDW used to be than it is now. Especially the “Wishes was so much better than HEA” crowd or the “Soarin’ Over California was so much better than Soarin’ Around the World” crowd.

Notes:

1. I’m not suggesting this was what @PrincipalTinker had in mind
  2. I fully accept I’m going to be one of those people in the future when they change something I really like and I’ll hate it and say it wasn’t as good as it used to be
2 Likes

I haven’t been for five years (going in August - Yay!)

1. PPO breakfast at Crystal Palace (spent 30 minutes slowly walking there and enjoying the empty park/taking photos)

2. SDMT

3. Playing in the Epcot Fountains (we ended up going to our Chefs de France ADR completely drenched because we had so much fun playing with our kids in the fountains)

4. Indiana Jones

5. walking around world showcase at night

Close runner ups: electrical parade, splash, tt, soarin’, FOTLK

3 Likes