Your WDW Top Five

1. New Year’s Eve Fireworks in Magic Kingdom
  2. Happily Ever After
  3. Soarin’
  4. People Mover
  5. Winged Encounters (where the birds fly through AK and land in front of the Tree of Life)

DH’s List:

1. Soarin’
  2. Kilimanjaro Safari
  3. Flights of Passage
  4. DiVine
  5. Salted milk chocolate caramel from Germany
3 Likes
  1. the kiss goodnight, after an empty disney after hours and in the glow of a christmas-light-lit cinderella castle
  2. haunted mansion
  3. kilimanjaro safaris
  4. flight of passage
  5. marceline to magic kingdom tour
4 Likes

Oooo…Marceline to Magic Kingdom tour is a good one!

1 Like

Respect… but that’s taking this acronym business too far.

I’m assuming one of the rules is also that these must be things I’ve actually done.

1. OUAT (I liked it better than HEA but it was our first visit, so I plan to re-evaluate)
  2. Dole whip
  3. Breezing past people in standby with a FP I booked same day
  4. Haunted Mansion
  5. Seeing my toddler’s obsession with meeting characters

My honorable mentions:
FOP
Les Halles
All the adorableness of TSM, starting with the incredibly themed queue
Festival of Fantasy
Walking around Radiator Springs at AoA with our toddler when we first arrived and knowing he had no idea about all the magic still to come!

1 Like

It is a well known and much used acronym. I didn’t make it up or decide to use it on my own

4 Likes

wild africa trek has been on my wish list for oh so long! happy to see it’s at the top of your list!

I’m so glad to see this on a list. We do WAT next week and we are so excited!

1 Like

Ok… but more than one person here couldn’t figure it out and have never seen it (and I’ve been here for years).

And it doesn’t appear on the abbreviation and acronym lists maintained by allears… or wdwmagic… or disneyaddicts… or any list I could find anywhere using any relevant keyword I could think of (including the actual acronym and words it stood for!) in repeated internet search attempts. That doesn’t scream well known and much used.

Not sure what your point is, but have a magical day just the same!

3 Likes

My point is that an acronym’s only purpose in life is to save time typing while still being understood by it’s intended audience without multiple explanatory posts… or defensiveness.

He’s a been there done that kind of guy. As tho WDW never changes.

He comes with on about half the trips. While planning our upcoming trip he heard about FoP. He’s decided he needs to try that - something new after all! (He’s 83.)

3 Likes
  1. Morning Coffee on the balcony at AKL
  2. FOP
  3. HEA
  4. Drinking a Bass on the patio at R&C
  5. VTT Dinner

Honorable mentions:

1. Soarin
  2. Walking through Fantasyland before park opening
  3. Haunted Mansion

Looking at these lists makes me realize there is so much I haven’t experienced but want to!

1 Like

This is hard, and it’s been 7 years since my last trip, so I haven’t experienced some of the newer attractions.

1. Toy Story Midway Mania
  2. Haunted Mansion
  3. Expedition Everest
  4. Soarin’
  5. Mango Pie at Yak & Yeti

Honorable Mention:
Tea Cups
Splash Mountain
BTMRR at night
Flights of Wonder
Catching a random street show in Epcot World Showcase
Frozen banana
Having my son be given a pretzel “on Mickey”

3 Likes

Oh, I need to add to my honorable mention seeing my son interact with Stitch (his true spirit animal).

1 Like

Unfortunately most of mine are once in a lifetime, unlikely to be repeated…

1. Oldest DS pulling the sword from the stone on his 5th birthday trip
  2. Early lunch at Garden Grill on a CL2 day, so many visits from the characters
  3. Donald getting mad he had to wait for Mickey to meet us at dinner at Chef Mickey’s and sitting down in one of our chairs
  4. Riding people mover through space mountain while it was down and the lights were on
  5. Seeing fireworks from Splash Mountain while on the outside slow float parts

Honorable mention: reminiscing with my boys about the trips and remembering the rides they love, especially younger DS’s names for everything: Mickey Mouse Mine Train, Evil Dinosaur Swirl

6 Likes

Love this thread!

4 Likes
  1. Window seat at Pinocchio Village Haus, waving bon voyage to the riders departing on Small World.

2. Sitting and reading in the 4th floor nook at WL (the one with the fireplace).

3. Working up the nerve to down a shot of Beverly at Club Cool.

4. Shaking my head at the rebellious critters fishing @ Splash Mountain, even though there’s a sign prohibiting it right next to them.

5. My first Cast Member welcome wave of the day at RD.

4 Likes
  1. Flight of Passage
  2. Wandering around Pandora as day changes to night and experiencing all the changes in the land.
  3. Satu’li Canteen
  4. Illuminations
  5. Getting at least one Mickey hug per trip.
2 Likes

Including how much my kids enjoyed since I get enjoyment out of seeing them smile.

1. Crystal Palace
  2. Walking the Cars courtyard at AoA
  3. Parade
  4. BBB
  5. Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire
4 Likes