Your Top Five, please

have you heard of KennythePirate? he has them all listed also on his character locator (which I love - see obsession with characters above LOL)

2 Likes

LOL that’s hilarious

I just looked up a video of it. holy…crap! That is true sorcery!

2 Likes
  1. Riding Big Thunder Mountain during the fireworks by accident on my first ever visit to WDW.
  2. Seeing my daughters face when she road Soarin for the first time at the age of 5.
  3. Riding FOP
  4. MNSSHP - parade was amazing and it was also my daughter’s first experience in MK.
  5. Eat at CRT with my daughter for the first time at age 3 1/2. She was beside herself and I cried tears of joy for being able to have that experience. I was so thankful in that moment.
7 Likes

No particular order

1. CG dinner and fireworks with husband on adults only trip
  2. HEA
  3. FOF parade with my kids (when they grow up I will not be able to watch this until grandchildren!)
  4. strolling WS at Epcot with a drink in hand, shopping, chatting, and playing agent P with the family
  5. MVMCP with 2 of my kids was so magical (wish we could have all been there though)
    Honorable mention: my teens smiling and acting like kids again, rides FOP, Soarin, HM
6 Likes
  1. Ariel kissing my DS (who had dressed up like Prince Eric) and then teaching him to dance at Akeshus.
  2. Walking down an empty Main Street before a PPO CRT, getting pictures in front of the castle right as the old Welcome show finished.
  3. My DD’s face when she decided she finally liked the characters a gave Pooh a big hug at CP.
  4. Watching my kids run in a rundisney kids event.
  5. BBB and pirate league makeovers- both times we did this were great!
5 Likes

Not in any particular order

1 Evenings at the Poly, eating dinner around the pool, Ohana, watching wishes from the beach or bar.

2 Jedi training

3 Soarin

4 Seeing the smiles/grins on my kids faces

5 Being front of the pack, and doing more in the first hour than most people do all morning

6 Starwars fireworks

7 Hanging out with a new friend

4 Likes

Tate that’s 7…

:wink:

3 Likes

Yes!!! I tell people this all the time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No particular order:

1. Exploring the savannah viewing areas at AKL, especially using the night vision goggles.
  2. Prince Charming kneeling down to get a photo with my DD4, who was dressed as Cinderella, at 1900 Park Fare
  3. Soarin’ (probably my favourite ride so far, haven’t done FOP yet)
  4. Festival of Fantasy Parade (with Dole Whip floats)
  5. BTMRR at night
4 Likes

Tigger teaching me how to do selfies at Crystal Palace.
First time seeing the Star Wars show/fireworks at HS
Riding on the double decker bus with DS20 at MK in the early morning.
Fireworks at MK after driving 12 hours then spending all day at MK (no sleep 37 hours after leaving home)
Watching the lagoon parade from the pool at Contemporary.

3 Likes

I’m doing these in chronological order…and there is more than 5.

1. My first trip to WDW (when it was only MK) when I was in 7th grade. Back then Space Mountain had cars where you sat 2 and 2 in the lap of the person behind you. We were a family of 5 so my younger siblings sat w/ our parents and I rode alone in the next car. Mom was NOT a thrill ride person and my sister (5th grade at the time) was sitting w/ her. Sis screamed during the ride…“Mommy, help me!” My mom screamed back, “Help you? Who is going to help me?” :smile:

2. Marching down Main Street w/ my drum and bugle corps at 19yo. I unfortunately felt sick the entire time because I ate at Kikkoman Palace just before the parade and it was July. Not a great idea. That was also the first time my now dh and I were at MK together.

3. Watching the Tapestry of Nations parade in EPCOT. Absolutely LOVE that music! …also, Illuminations. Hands down my favorite nighttime Disney show, on either coast.

4. My first trip back to MK since I was 19yo (10+ years later). That moment where I was standing on the dock waiting for the ferry and got teary eyed w/ my first glimpse of the castle.

4(b) Later that day, my now dh gave me my engagement ring at Cinderella’s Wishing Well. We had dinner in the castle for the first time a few hours later. Every time we visit, we get a family picture in front of Cindy’s Well. We even got one at Snow White’s Well when we were in DLR last summer!

1. My daughter’s first trip (18mo) she was dressed as Cinderella for MNSSHP. Cindy was walking by us and stopped. Said to dd, “Look at you! You look just like me!” Dd was beaming for the rest of the trip!

2. Ds’ first trip (2yo). He was completely enamoured with Donald Duck and followed him all over Chef Mickey’s. He also LOVED the dance parties (MVMCP) and the drummers in AK. This picture doesn’t come close in conveying the sheer joy he had in dancing to the drummers.

3. Both kids rode It’s a Small World as their first rides at WDW. I’m originally from NY and my parents rode it at the NY World’s Fair back in the early/mid 60s. My mom had passed away years before, but her joy of riding it on our family trip continued on in her grandchildren. :heart_eyes:

4. Mom and dd trip for dd’s 7th birthday. The morning of her birthday we had breakfast in the castle before the park opened. We had an amazing table for two looking over Fantasyland. They had decorated the table for her birthday with Cinderella themed confetti, and she had a chocolate mousse slipper dessert for breakfast. The princesses fawned all over her and gave her a signed, single sheet “card” from all of them. After breakfast, she rode the teacups at rope drop (I have an awesome picture of that too), then rode Space Mountain. The dichotomy of my big (7yo) girl climbing into the roller coaster car in her little girl Cinderella dress was just mind blowing!

This summer we will be in WDW for dd’s birthday again…she is turning 17yo!

1. Our first trip last year to DLR was amazing. We had so many magical moment. My ds found a Goofy Hat he loved and wore it EVERYWHERE the entire trip! I got to meet Oswald! …and we had a private meet with Steamboat Willie!

(note that dd and I are both wearing Mickey/Minnie shirts and dh and ds are both wearing Spiderman shirts! It was completely unplanned. :slight_smile: )
9 Likes

I forgot one!!

Dd did the Kid’s Pirate Cruise from GF one year (7yo). I took the boat from GF to MK while she was doing the cruise and our boat passed the one the kids were in. They all crouched down on the floor and sprung up as we passed screaming ARRRGGGHHH!

Absolutely magical!

2 Likes

In the order they sprang to mind (make of that whatever you will!):

1. Raglan Road
  2. FOP
  3. FotLK
  4. Leisurely strolling WS with no plan (taking pictures, stopping to watch street performers, snacking here and there when I get hungry)
  5. First time stepping into the Oasis on my first trip to WDW. I was solo, and the whole experience of being by myself and stepping into an other-worldly, exotic, jungle-y park was unforgettable.
6 Likes

In general…
1 - Flight of Passage
2 - Illuminations
3 - BOATHOUSE
4 - Mickey Waffles
5 - Festival of Fantasy Parade (unsure how I’ll feel about it sans Dragon though if she is not back in by September)

On a personal experience level…
1 - Pluto initiating TaeKwonDo blocks with me
2 - The Great Goofini trying to walk out of the “tent” with me
3 - Bouncing through the queue for Winnie the Pooh with Tigger one morning
4 - Caring For Giants tour
5 - Dolphins in Depth tour

2 Likes

In no order

Seeing the dragon Maleficient for the first time in the featival of Fantasy Parade

Walking down main street every trip

Riding the TTA with my daughter when she was little

Meeting Niter

Waking around Epcot in the 80s

2 Likes

Being that it was my first trip to WDW, there were so many things but…

1. Spending a day with my niece and great nieces (enjoying 7DMT)
  2. BOG dinner - I cried when I sat down in the ballroom
  3. Soarin’
  4. MK during MNSSHP
  5. Hearing DH ask me as we were leaving to go home…“how soon can we come back?”
9 Likes

I have not been to Disney in like 20 years. So here are a few of the things I actually remember from when I was a child/young adult.

1. Space Mtn. We waited in line for nearly an hour and then I chickened out. My sister rode but I didn’t. And then I decided I did actually want to ride it. So we waited in line again and I did ride it and it was awesome.

2. Watching Riverdance in Epcot at the American Gardens Theater.

3. Being allowed to go to the parks alone (with a friend, but NOT with my parents) when I was 18 and there with my family.

4. Chef Mickey’s with my little brothers on their first trip (they were 7 and 5) and the looks on their faces the whole time.

5. Taking a boat (either the Liberty Square Riverboat or the ferry back to the TTC…I don’t remember which) after dark.

I’ve been to WDW probably 15 times. I honestly don’t remember much of it because most of those trips happened before I was 10. But these are things I’ll remember forever!

1 Like
  1. Meeting Gaston. 2. Ohana dinner with Lapu Lapu 3. Staying at WL including the boat ride to/from MK 4. The classics–COP and SE 5. FOP
1 Like

Ours was only last week so still fresh in the memory.

1. FOP and my DD8’s reaction after coming off it. She was blown away and her expression was priceless!
  2. HEA fireworks and feeling so emotional hugging my 2 DD’s throughout it. They usually get embarrassed when I tear up (over almost everything emotional), but they just hugged me tighter as they felt it too.
  3. Dinner at BOG and our pic with the Beast. He was hugging me so tight and rocking side to side. Hilarious!
  4. Spaceship earth. I didn’t expect to enjoy this one so much.
  5. DD11 meeting Princess Jasmine for the first time. She just loved it, and I didn’t expect her to get such joy from meeting a princess at her age.
5 Likes