Your Top Five, please

My gosh, so many great moments. I’ll try to pick some that I haven’t talked before as much…

1. Our kids have nut allergies too, so ability to eat dessert when outside the house is very rare. First cupcakes at WDW were just pure joy for them.

2. Alice taking our daughter’s hand as she and White Rabbit walked by, then walking with us to the teacups and having a long detailed conversation with her.

3. Picking what was apparently a terrible spot off to side behind castle to watch Wishes and having an off-duty custodial CM come over and nicely tell us were were in the worst spot in the park to watch the fireworks. :smiley:
    He marched us over behind the carousel, gave us some tips, and then told us to watch his on-duty coworker who proceeded to direct the entire show with his broom. Was so great - so I asked him to take a photo with my family.

4. My then 7 year old daughter’s shyness when meeting Rosetta (one of her favorites) on our first trip.

5. The sisters at GF dinner fawning over my then 10 year old son. He loved it!

Honorary mentions:

Last year, my daughter was SO excited to find an Oswald rabbit in AK. She. loves. Oswald.

Getting Grumpy when 7 Dwarves Mine Train wasn’t open for business yet.

My son laughing during our whole first ride on Expedition Everest.

7 Likes

BTW, When I was pulling these pictures I noticed something that cracked me up: I usually take some walking videos in the parks just to capture the ambiance.

Watch the face of the piano player in the mirror as he notices me filming him as I walk by… :smiley:

5 Likes
  1. Last year hubby & I arrived to YC, it was raining a little bit, but we decided to put on our ponchos and go for it. Did Epcot’s food & wine fest in the rain. It was so much fun. We laughed a lot and there were so few people.
  2. living with the land (going to do Behind the Seeds in March! Can’t wait!)
  3. when my daughter meg Peter Pan. He was perfect.
    4)BTMR at night, during fireworks
  4. V&A’s-I’m a vegetarian and having a multiple course meal with wine pairings was one of my best meal experiences ever
4 Likes

Just 5? Here’s what springs to mind… no particular order

1. Sitting under the canopy in the American Pavilion while the kids played in a downpour, late evening at Epcot. They were SOAKED the rest of the night.
  2. Spending hours at the Boneyard, in the sandbox. It was quiet and out of the crowd. Same trip as above. Kids were (almost) 2 and 6.
  3. Marching in the MK afternoon parade, in high school, with our band. This whole trip was awesome.
  4. MNSSHP. The parade, the fireworks, the candy. So. Much. Fun.
  5. Watching MK fireworks from our “lake view” balcony at BLT. What a surprise to get such a great view of MK.

Honorable Mention: Chef Mickey’s - the kids (especially DD1.5) LOVED the characters.

5 Likes
  1. DH meeting Merida at a meet and greet. She was tickled with the kilt and we got some great interaction.

2. Our relaxing day where we went to Blizzard Beach and lazed on the lazy river

3. The wonderful smile on DD15’s face when we got to our resort.

4. Great dinner and show at Raglan Road

5. The look on DD15’s face on her first ride on the monorail (first time she remembered it—she was 3 the other time.

6 Likes

Only 5? Okay… it’s not a trip to WDW without:

1. Safari at AK
  2. Living with the Land
  3. Toy Story
  4. Buzz Lightyear
  5. Shopping at: 1. Epcot Mouse Gear, 2. Epcot Figment exit, 3. MK Arribas, 4. Disney Springs Arribas, 5. Just… Disney Springs.
4 Likes

Remember what room number that was by any chance? :grimacing:

1. Soarin
  2. Lady Tremaine at 1900 Park Faire
  3. DS’s face when he realized he could steer the car at Tomorrowland Speedway
  4. DD meeting Ariel
  5. DD and DS gleefully sharing a Mickey ice cream pop while waiting to meet Mary Poppins
4 Likes

I can’t narrow it down to top 5 ever so I’m going to do top 5 for the trip we just did.

1. My best friend’s DD getting engaged at CG on our first night.
  2. Star Wars Galactic Nights party–so fabulous for SW fans.
  3. Watching my best friend’s reaction to FOP–she’s a huge Avatar fan
  4. My DD being picked as an extra for the Indiana Jones Stunt show
  5. Getting an amazing viewing spot for HEA just 15 minutes before it began (perfectly centered on the back side of the Hub; it was a rainy day and I guess it scared everyone away).
4 Likes

I DO! I remembered writing a review on the BLT room finder… just went back to find it… 7814. Any of those upper 7*14 rooms will have the same view… right next to the elevator. I’m definitely going to request that again when we go back this December.

2 Likes

#1 First ever visit a disney park(DL) during Christmas(extra magical)
#2 Peter Pan’s flight the very first time I ever rode it. The goosebumps.
#3 Soarin’ at California Disney. Wow!!!
#4 Crush talking to my son at Turtle Talk and then picking on me. How funny!
#5 Seeing the sign at WDW every time you get to town!!!

1 Like

So hard to narrow it down its all amazing but my highlights are:

.Halloween party
.Expedition Everest
.Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
.Rock and Rollercoaster
.When it was at Disney Springs Cirque Du Soleil

1 Like

Tough, but

1. HDDR first time with sons
  2. DS7 fighting Darth Maul and being so scared, but he did it (He’s 22 now and I think he’s still afraid of him)
  3. 30th Anniversary trip and staying at Contemporary - was truly special
  4. Cali grill brunch
  5. Splash Mountain - always will be my fave