Yet another Touring Plan analyzation request

So, just a comment. My 3yo loved Buzz. We rode it 4-5x in a week. She hated TSMM so much. She really struggled with the 3D glasses & did not like the jerky spinning movements. Just a different perspective! Plus you get a ride photo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good feedback! I’ll revisit Buzz and see if I want to try to find a place to squeeze it in! :slight_smile:

If you do, you’ll notice that the PeopleMover is right across from there. You might as well hop on that as well…

(Too much, too soon?)

1 Like

I thought about that. I’d say there are probably 2 drawbacks to Philharmagic, that CoP overcomes.

Philharmagic has one theater, which means you wait for a full show (12 mins) before heading into the theater and finding seats. Which means that your wait time varies, along with whether you’re waiting in the AC or just under an overhang.

CoP is on a turntable, which means a new theater loads every 6 minutes (or so; there are 6 theaters on the turntable). The upshot of this is that you get a longer “break” for a shorter wait doing CoP.

Philharmagic features several iconic Disney characters; with Donald Duck playing the lead role. Which could lead to more excitement in the younger ones than you might like. Carousel of Progress is about a Disneyfied family, but the characters aren’t likely to make littles go gaga.

Not saying you shouldn’t do Philharmagic (it’s fun!) but I might not consider it your “break”.

If I said yes, would that make any difference?

Not only that, but the entrance to Carousel of Progress is incredibly close to the PeopleMover’s exit. Convenient, huh?

1 Like

Oh, yes. I mean, you don’t ACTUALLY have to ride it. But the fact that you agree makes all the difference in the world. I can go on my merry way thinking I’ve put right what once was wrong, even if I’m only living a lie in my blissful ignorance! (Not that I’m ignorant. Don’t want to confuse anyone on that point.)

1 Like

I thought about saying so myself, but now I don’t have to!

3 Likes

Should I call you Dr. Beckett now?

1 Like

Actually I meant Yes to the “Too much, too soon” question :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No. I was actually making a reference to Into the Woods there. But you can call me Sam if you want instead.

2 Likes

Oh. Well, that’s no good. What good does that do ANYONE?

1 Like

Oh, 5 is such a great age! Sounds like she’s tall enough to go on Splash, 7Ds etc. You guys are going to have a blast (even w/o PeopleMover haha)!

We like PeopleMover too, but I was so disappointed we had to skip Splash w the 4yr old 1st trip, due to various unforseen circumstances.

Yeah, I’m really excited to try to get to Splash Mountain myself. I’ve never been and had no idea it was more than just a log flume ride until I started digging into rides this summer!

1 Like

oh that is great!
It is my favorite ride - umm or my second favorite ride - depends on the day (the other being HM)

1 Like

HM is actually MY favorite ride. And the one I’m the most stressed about this trip. I really want to be able to take DD along, but she’s a big fraidy cat, so I’m worried I’m going to have to let that go. I’ve had her watch a video of the ride several times so I can take some of the edge off and explain it to her. Fingers crossed!!

Oh and someone else suggested that I can ask a CM to pull out of the opening bit with the stretching room and hanging man. I think I’m going to do that.

My DS6 was a little freaked out on HM. My wife talked him through it and actually sat with him and told him to close his eyes for certain parts. He isn’t typically afraid of things, but doesn’t like things that seem “evil”. Mostly, we had to prep him for how he’d see a bunch of silly things that are just fake and pretend. This helped him a lot. Age 5, however, is a bit trickier, because for MOST people that age their brains have trouble differentiating between what is fake and reality, even if you tell them. (I learned this the hard way once with my 5-year-old niece years ago when i jokingly said I’d have to call the police because she was “abusing” her baby doll by throwing it down like that. She BURST into tears…I then learned that her being five meant she wasn’t quite old enough to know what is a joke and what isn’t.)

Concerning points, other than what you mentioned, include the part where someone is trying to break through a door, the body trying to get out of the crypt, and something else I can’t quite recall.

Yeah, we talk about a lot of the ride as we’re watching the video. A lot of explaining the tech behind the ride. “Those ghosts are holograms” “What’s a hologram?” “Well it’s a machine shining light in the shape of a ghost”. “See how that skeleton just goes in a circle or goes up and down? That’s cause it’s just a machine that goes up and down”.

Good Lord, explaining to her that the hitchhikers weren’t really trying to come home us or actually sitting in the seat with us was time-consuming, lol

1 Like

We were concerned about the hitchikers, but the day we were there, something was wrong with the ride and rather than seeing hitchikers (or even our reflections in the mirrors), all we saw were white screens. It was kind of a bummer for the rest of us, since it is one of the coolest moments.

Aw man! :frowning: