Yet another Touring Plan analyzation request

Hey everyone, just hoping for a sanity check on this plan here.

https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=3212498

If TP is right, and the wait for Peter Pan’s Flight is under a half hour, I’m going to go ahead and take the standby queue and get it out of the way.

Then in the afternoon, I don’t have FPs for Splash Mountain, Winnie the Pooh, or the M&G with Cinderella & Elena. So I’m going to stalk those FPs, but plan on skipping those attractions if I don’t get the FPs. If I can’t get ANY of them, my plan is just to head over to Tom Sawyer’s Island to kill some time, but I think that’s unlikely.

Oh, and my plan is, after Splash Mountain (if it happens) to catch the Railroad over to Fantasyland to ride the rides there. I know it’s not faster, but I think it’ll be fun.

Looks pretty good to me. If you get there pre-rope drop (by 8am on a 9am open day, you’ll have time to get photopass pictures on Main Street with the castle, have a quick look see in the Emporium and then taking your place at the rope in time to zip to PPF at ropedrop. If you do that, it should be less of a wait than 30 minutes for sure. You might also be able to squeeze in Cinderella/Elena after PPF but that’s a little iffy. When I looked for Splash fpp a few weeks ago, they were mostly for later into the evening. You may have better luck. Overall, looks like a Magical day. Enjoy!

1 Like

If you get PPF done early, you could modify your PPF fpp as soon as you tap in for ETWB which would be that much earlier when more experiences should be available.

1 Like

No Pirates of the Caribbean? No Space Mountain? No Big Thunder Mountain Railroad? No PeopleMover? No Carousel of Progress? No Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin?

I see three possibilities:

1. You’re completely insane. :wink:
  2. You have extremely young children.
  3. You have a second MK day where you will focus on such things.
1 Like

Sure, go ahead and stalk FPs, but if you don’t get them, I’d be jumping on a 33 minute stand by wait for Splash Mountain.

LOL, the answer is #2

But fair points all around :slight_smile:

Waaaait a second. You’re the guy I talked to last time about my TP plan. The PeopleMover fanatic! LOL

:roll_eyes:

I admit to nothing.

(But you really SHOULD at least include PeopleMover in that plan because it IS kinda fun.)

We’ve got some windows open in the late morning and late afternoon. I’ll see if we can make it happen. I DID try to sell to my wife, but she didn’t buy it, lol

Good point! I’ll start looking then!

That sounds painful. From what I’ve read, it’s not entertaining and completely exposed to the elements.

Sidenote though, this isn’t my first, second or even third trip to WDW, but I honest-to-God never knew that Splash Mountain was anything other than a log flume right up until this summer. I happened to be checking out the rides I WASN’T planning on and saw the whole ‘Song of the South’ hidden entertainment inside it. It’s like a secret ride! :slight_smile:

Don’t know how old your kid/s are, but we’re planning to take our 2 year old on both the People Mover and Buzz.

Even with small kids I don’t see a reason to skip PoC or people mover…

Pirates of the Caribbean MIGHT be scary to young kids (being pirates and all) and very dark…plus the drop. Depends on your kid.

For PeopleMover, nothing really scary UNLESS they might have trouble with darkness. When you enter Space Mountain, it goes quite black, which young kids might find uncomfortable. But as long as you prepare them and are holding them close, it usually isn’t a problem. We’ve just old our kids that we’re going to go inside Space Mountain and see what it is like, but we won’t actually be riding it, etc. This prevents them getting nervous when they see the PM going into Space Mountain! :slight_smile:

My daughter gets antsy at any “spooky” dark ride. She gets into her head it’ll be scary before even setting foot onto the ride. I watched the video for PoC and stopped as soon as I saw Davy Jones projected into the mist that you travel through. My daughter would freak the f**k out at that.

As far as the PeopleMover is concerned, I’m not worried about her being scared about it. I’m more worried about a) her being bored and b) making sure we get the rides WE’RE excited about out of the way. If we’ve got time to kill, I can totally see us hopping onto the PeopleMover, but I don’t want to plan for it.

What is nice about PeopleMover, is it easy to just hop on when you can. But we would go out of our way to make sure we rode it because it is a fam favorite. Ever since I was a kid. I just can’t fathom any reason why one WOULDN’T ride it unless the line was horrendously long or something!

But, whatever. You know. I’m not THAT GUY who will try to pressure anyone into riding the PM or anything like that. No-sir-ee! :wink:

3 Likes

Not worried about PeopleMover, just not super interested. We’ll throw it in if we have time. As for Buzz, it was in my original plan, but I took it out after reading a few negative reviews. Not that I think it’s a bad ride necessarily, but we’re planning on doing Toy Story Mania the next day, and it’s basically the same concept. Like PeopleMover, I might include it if we have time, but I’m not pressed to include it. Trying hard not to “over-plan” the day any more than I already have.

1 Like

Of course…there are other things you could always remove in exchange for PeopleMover.

Like:

1. It’s a Small World
  2. Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
  3. Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid
  4. Take it all in

Number 4, actually, could INCLUDE the PM since the PM is a “tour” of Tomorrowland.

Or not. It’s no skin off my back.

And, seriously…who actually LIKES It’s a Small World? I mean. It is the slowest moving boat ride in existence to the same 20 second loop of music OVER and OVER and OVER again with a bunch of dolls that pretty much all look the same (other than their clothes and skin/hair color, and what they are actually doing). Not like the PeopleMover, which travels at different speeds throughout the ride…sometimes fast, sometimes slow, with a whole VARIETY of scenic changes to experience including, as I may have mentioned once or twice, a glimpse of the ORIGINAL vision for EPCOT by Walt Disney Himself! You don’t get that no some sissy “Ride of the Dolls”. (Don’t let my wife know I said that…)

1 Like

LOL

1. It’s a Small World is a rite of passage. Everyone must experience it. EVERYONE :slight_smile:
  2. My daughter is passionate for carrousel rides. No way
  3. One of my daughter’s favorite movies is The Little Mermaid
  4. “Take it in” This was inserted under duress by my wife. :slight_smile:
1 Like

I’m afraid that’s not a valid argument. The same is true of PeopleMover.

I’m sorry…you’re going to have to try again. And harder this time.