Yet another Touring Plan analyzation request

You have a valid point. And yet, I do see some wisdom in the “take it all in” idea. Especially if you’ve never been before (the kids), etc. There is just an amazement and wonderment of it all that is somewhat “priceless” compared to saving 15 minutes in a line, etc.

I think if you go frequently, then the race to the front of the line at RD makes sense. But this is Day 1. Make it magical from the start. Coming upon the rides in due time is part of that magic, I think.

Of course, leaving off the PeopleMover DOES remove some of the magic. Just sayin’.

1 Like

It’s a MR Quix, but otherwise, thanks for the tips!

For what it’s worth, I totally agree with you_. But the “taking it all in” is non-negotiable I’m afraid. Wife’s orders. What I’m hoping to do, is to get there prior to open and be able to “take it all in” around Main Street since from what I’ve read that’s all available until RD at 9. And THEN by able to head to PPF around 9 to beat the rush.

I think @stazastarfish was suggesting a message you pass on to your wife. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ohhhhh… right. That makes sense.

Yes, @quix- was addressing your DW. In fact, I really like your idea of taking it all in by arriving around 8am, strolling around main streeet, maybe even hopping on one of the horse drawn trolleys, if available (never done this myself, but meaning to try now that main st opens ahead at 8am).

Another observation I had (many folks don’t agree with this I know) is to take a midday break. We take that break even if just adults, even if offsite trip. Our kiddos’ love the pool as much as the parks, and we return for dinner and evening fun refreshed, without troubles to make it to end of the night.

There’s so much to see & do at MK, IMO best to hit the highlights with littles especially. Our motto on trip with 2 and 4 yr olds was “less is more”. Was a fab trip, tho we had to skip a few things. The littlest one got a big kick just following ducks around, also lizards haha.

2 Likes

Hey, I’m a grown man and I get a thrill out of watching the geckos!

Also, I noticed you’re not using your fpp for PPan at 1:30. That fpp would be a great choice for Splash I think. Is either of your littles tall enough for Splash? It was my Dgs’s fave ride, on our second trip. So glad we finally got to ride it with him. That would free up your 4th fpps possibilities for some other rides.

1 Like

We’re staying off-site, so it really complicates things. But there is a mid-day break insofar as what I’ve got planned. So, I’m hoping to try to find a place IN the park to catch our breath.

Oh. I have a suggestion. You should hop on the PeopleMover. It is relatively cool (shaded with a slight breeze) and takes about 10 minutes to ride. :wink:

Carousel of Progress is also a great break. Air-conditioned, entertaining, but long enough for the little ones to sneak in a nap if need be.

Hall of Presidents is also a nice air-conditioned break that will most likely put even the most active of toddlers to sleep! :wink:

2 Likes

1 Like

Wow. You look a LOT like Jean-Luc. Amazing.

2 Likes

That @ryan1 is a funny guy, thanks for the big laugh of the day for me @ryan1! I like your perseverence haha!

2 of the restful spots for my fam: lunch (or dinner) 2nd floor of Columbia Harbour. It’s quiet, uncrowded, I think many folks don’t know about the second floor.

Other spot: Tom Sawyer’s Island. Littles can run around freely to their heart’s content. Also, fam can take a break on Aunt Polly’s porch, just resting & watching the steamboat go by.

2 Likes

Two caveats to that one…for the ages we’re talking about here, I’m not sure it is ideal. But TSI is great for kids a little bit older, no doubt!

But second, when looking to rest, the biggest issue is heat. Tom Sawyer’s Island can get REALLY hot, despite the shade, because it is really humid and the air is completely stagnant. I think the only respite from the heat there is in one of the caves.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve got Tom Sawyer’s Island on my itinerary as a sort of last resort. I’m not sure that I’d use it for the mid-day break partly because of @ryan1 's concerns, but also because I don’t really think it would be a “break” for my kid who would still be running all over the place, not relaxing and getting her energy back. Also, if she got “sucked in” it could actually eat into the rest of the day’s itinerary.

Yeah, Carousel of Progress is much better for an in-park break, because of the length and AC available. And because it’s a super-fast loader.

I’d been playing with Philharmagic for this, since it’s basically a sit-down show.

Good point @ryan1. We haven’t gone in Aug or Sept lately, wasn’t thinking about that heat/humidity. Fam keeps choosing to go in April or Oct lately, tho I’d rather Aug or Sept, our hotel price then is way lower. I’m one of those exceptions who love Florida warmer weather, works for me haha!

I hadn’t noticed the ages of @quix’s littles. I’ll have to reread that part of the thread!

That’s about 12 minutes. CoP is about 21 minutes. HoP is almost 22 minutes. So it depends on how long of break you hope to get.

1 Like

She’ll have turned 5 two weeks ago by the time we get to WDW! :heart:

Fair point!