Yet another Touring Plan analyzation request

Wow. Just went back and watched a video for CoP and realized that everything in their “future” piece is reality now. 3D headsets, houses you can talk to. That’s both hysterical and cool. Might be time for a revamp :slight_smile:

That’s already in Disney’s plans to do along with other Tomorrowland changes to go along with the Tron coaster. So look for CoP updates in 2021.

1 Like

I’m with you!! LOVE it!!!

My dad on the other hand… My sister and I got him on it one time (I think our joint graduation celebration trip) and we got stopped in the final room where all the dolls are singing in all the languages. We were there a couple of minutes, and we were pretty much having to hold him in the boat as he was ready to get out and walk. We’ve not gotten him back on it since.

3 Likes

I think this is a great idea. If you get there around 8, you’ll have plenty of time to wander down Main Street, take pictures with the castle in the background, and be excited for the start of your vacation! We’re planning to do that as well. Although we ended up adding 1 more day to our park ticket so we can come in the evening the day we arrive. Meeting Mickey the first day in the parks is a MUST for me. So now I get 3 extra MK FP and fireworks on the first day! Yay!

2 Likes

Actually, I do. Granted, the MK version is but a shadow of the grandeur of the original DL version (which itself is an expanded version of the original-original 1964/65 Worlds Fair ride), but I would feel seriously cheated if I went to WDW and didn’t ride it. I’ve even been known to watch YouTube videos of it in between trips. Trivia: In the American versions of iasw, there are 32 international variations of the song, all in the same key and same tempo so they blend together seamlessly. Additionally, the harmonic structure of the verse and chorus are identical and were actually written so that they could be sung simultaneously.

4 Likes

Another vote for IASW. It’s kitschy. And the littles really like it a lot.

1 Like

Fun Fact: The original plan was for each nationality of dolls sing its own national anthem. When it was first “turned on” the cacophony of sound was so debilitating that it had to be turned off in <10 seconds. That was the point at which the Sherman Brothers were told to go write something for the attraction. I forget how long it took them to come up with the tune we have today - but I recall that it wasn’t long.

2 Likes

…and we would have 4!

1 Like

Hey there! We’re back! Thought I’d provide a mini-update. DD5 LOVED the Haunted Mansion! All the prepping paid off in spades. She was actually as excited to ride the ride as we were!

She even rode things I originally had removed because I thought she’d think they were too scary! We rode Pirates of the Caribbean and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad! There was a fair amount of hiding her head in my side, but even still she was a fan of both!

Oh, and you’ll be relieved to hear we ALSO rode the PeopleMover. It was, if nothing else, a nice break. :slight_smile: I was a little worried when it rode into Space Mountain because we spent a not-insignificant amount of time in complete and total darkness, but she weathered it okay.

I had planned on getting a photo of me directing people AWAY from PeopleMover just to taunt you :wink:, but I’m not sure what was going on, but the ride was SUPER popular when we walked up to it. We actually had to wait in a decent line to get on. But since we were killing time in the first place, it wasn’t a deal-breaker.

We also rode Buzz. Eh. :man_shrugging: It was okay. Broke down for a minute while we were in there.

Oh and DD5 enjoyed small world so much she insisted we ride it AGAIN. Even WE don’t love that ride THAT much, lol

And she also rode Splash Mountain with me! DW wouldn’t even ride that one! In the photo that was taken during the big fall you can’t even hardly see her, her head is shoved so deep into my side, lol. But she said she really enjoyed it!

I am now able to rest easy. That momentary darkness is important as you enter Space Mountain so that your eyes have a brief chance to adjust so that once you actually get fully inside you can see better. I have vivid memories of the very first time I rode it thinking, once we entered the darkness, that my parents had tricked me and we really WERE about to do Space Mountain! (I hadn’t yet ridden it, so I was quite nervous.) It was a relief when we got inside and could see otherwise!

That would have been brilliant! Shame you didn’t! :slight_smile:

I think there must have been lights out or something. There was a brief splash of something red while we were in it, but that was it. We were never really able to SEE anything. We were able to hear the coaster and hear the screams from passengers, but never saw anything. I heard they were doing an ‘overlay’ for MNSSHP where the ride was going to be in complete darkness, maybe that was the reason? This wasn’t during the party though. :man_shrugging:

Next time!

Ah. Yeah. There must have been something going on. Usually you can see the space station and the asteroid cookies on the ceiling, and the faint silhouette of the coaster track, plus the faintly glowing trains.