Yay! June 2020 is finally here — A @mousematt™ trip report

I’m all about pins. They take up zero space. And look great.

8 Likes

I can’t believe you aren’t bringing your crocs after talking about your crocs and socks I don’t give a fuck incessantly. Shocking!

7 Likes

Have a great trip!

1 Like

Or you can buy a bag to check on the way back. I’m sure you can find a nice Disney design.

4 Likes

Or toss a duffel or something collapsible into your bag to use for the trip home.

2 Likes

This trip report is four days old…and we still haven’t gone anywhere. I’m calling foul! Wake me up when there’s something to see here.

11 Likes

I feel like I’m super along for the ride! I had input on bag choice, although he totally disregarded our advice. And now I’m worried about how @sanstitre_has_left_the_building gets his souvenirs home!

I would like to request a Calvin picture before you leave though. Isn’t it the middle of the night for you @sanstitre_has_left_the_building ?

6 Likes

Should be the middle of the afternoon.

ETA: Wait. Do you mean when he leaves, or do you mean right NOW?

1 Like

:joy: you’re right! And I just came back from Europe. :woman_facepalming:

ETA: I did mean right now. D’oh!

Wow. You Americans really are dumb.

Am getting ready to take Calvin to Sarah’s. Naturally I’m consumed with guilt.

4 Likes

This morning:

32 Likes

My train to London leaves in just over two hours.

4 Likes

I’ve been in Florida since Sunday, I don’t know what’s taking you so damn long. Hurry up.

13 Likes

Yes, but you were hanging out with people I don’t like.

3 Likes

Don’t blame all Americans. @ryan1 pointed out I was backwards!

2 Likes

Maybe it’s only official once it gets put in the “Trip Report” category. :thinking:

5 Likes

Perhaps. And while were pondering such things, I’m also wondering…in the title of this thread, should the “A” really be “An”? Meaning, do we pronounce the @ symbol since he put it in explicitly and unnecessarily? As in, “An AT-mousematt…” rather than “A mousematt…”.

Perhaps the @ is silent?

And, the while the reference to the June 2020 date was clever at first, we are four days later, and now this trip is almost over (or should be if it had been started “on time”) and so the June 2020 date is really just a source of confusion rather than cleverness.

2 Likes

Calvin dropped off.

He knew where we were going and why. He was wildly (over-)excited and didn’t try to avoid her house (as he does when we go anywhere near the vet). When she opened the door he rushed in. He barked — a lot — when it was clear I was going without him. But he’ll be fine.

@JuliaMc has kindly promised — solemnly, bindingly, before God and before Man — to give me an exclusive 50th Anniversary VIP pin to give to Sarah as a thank you. Aww.

22 Likes

I did?

I don’t remember this. It’s a wild day today, so I might not remember everything I’ve said.

6 Likes

Yes. I thought it best to put it in writing and in the public domain. You have a record of making promises and then letting people down.

7 Likes