Yay! June 2020 is finally here — A @mousematt™ trip report

Agree. I think the @ needs dropped :man_shrugging:

TBH, when I first saw it I thought it was an old thread that someone bumped. :joy:

OK, we better stop criticizing him. :rofl:

3 Likes

But…I thought he liked it. Kind of a reverse golden rule kind of thing, you know?

1 Like

For the avoidance of doubt I am happy to be clear: I can dish it out but I can’t take it.

15 Likes

Ok, we’ll behave. I don’t want you and Ryan to un-friend each other. :laughing:

1 Like

Wait. We can do that??? I thought we had to be friends for LIFE!!!

Someone really needs to write out the rules to this here game.

5 Likes

Am safely on train.

I live about five minutes walk from the station and the train departs from here and was already waiting when I arrived. Have a very cosy first class seat all on my own. Not near any COVID people. Train is air conditioned and lovely. Am having a sandwich and a lemon and ginger drink that I put in the freezer an hour ago.

Can anyone spot my bag?

26 Likes

The @ is silent when used with user names. This is an immutable law of the universe.

9 Likes

Glad the strikes have not affected your train!

That is a very beautiful bag.

3 Likes

I can’t remember if I explained things on this thread …

I originally scheduled a departure from home, direct to Heathrow, on Saturday, the night before my flight. That train was cancelled so I rescheduled to today. I made a back-up reservation just in case. Just as well, as the first train I booked was also cancelled.

I’m taking advantage of my bonus day in London by going to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. With that in mind I booked a hotel in central London very close to the theatre. That’s today’s destination. Tomorrow night I transfer to a hotel at Heathrow airport.

9 Likes

Train is awesome so far.

The (free) food and drink trollies arrived immediately and I was weighed down with a sandwich, a yoghurt and oats bowl (which was delicious), a brownie, cookies, orange juice and water. I could have had wine and beer, but I’m not really a drinker. Full now.

12 Likes

Love those tags. Sad that we don’t get them anymore.

2 Likes

That’s not one of the free ones.

4 Likes

Am now I watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in preparation for tomorrow’s play.

12 Likes

Ugh. I’d forgotten it’s full of the tedious adolescent stuff. Yawn.

7 Likes

Not as bad as the order of the phoenix’s teenage whininess.

5 Likes

giphy

4 Likes

Arriving London …

6 Likes

Arrived London

And some queuing practice at the taxi rank.

10 Likes

Enjoy your last hours of moderate weather.

It’s painfully hot here.
Hot.
Hot.
Hot.
Lord have mercy hot.

12 Likes