Yay! June 2020 is finally here — A @mousematt™ trip report

I actually don’t like crossbodies. I find them uncomfortable.

2 Likes

I need my hands free for multiple drinks/snacks/etc. :blush:

4 Likes

I need one hand to hold a Frappuccino. Or a blue milk. Or a Butterbeer.

3 Likes

I go right thru security with a loungefly. I have worn in all weather situations with no issue.

The key is - don’t have hard sunglasses case, hard cellphone case, or umbrella in your bag. Hold them in front of you. You will breeze right thru. …and if you do get stopped, ask what triggered so you can remove that the next time.

5 Likes

My general philosophy is that if it can’t fit in my pockets (I always wear cargos) then it doesn’t go with me. The only exception was my DSLR, but I’m not taking that with me this trip. I’ve been living in the 100 degree FL weather for the past few weeks, and the last thing I would want is a backpack on my back - and if it wasn’t an option, I’d want the lightest weight nylon pack I could find. And I would want it as small as possible to meet my needs.

3 Likes

I wear my Loungefly fairly loose so there is air flow. You’re gonna be hot, but I don’t feel like ditching the bag makes me feel less hot. I’m more inclined to ditch the bag because it starts making me chafe near my armpits. TMI? Sorry, not sorry!

8 Likes

This. I wear a backpack all the time including last week. Umbrellas, glasses cases, portable batteries all go in a gallon ziplock that I hold out in front of me. I show the security person watching the screen what’s in my ziplock as I walk by. Haven’t been stopped since they put the new system in place.

That would have personally been my last choice cause I would absolutely leave it at the first place I stopped but if it works for you then you’re golden.

I’m going to have to check in alot more often to keep up so I can participate in this trip!

4 Likes

Random thought before I go to bed:

In the next four nights I will be sleeping in four different beds: my own, central London hotel, Heathrow airport hotel and Pop. After that, there’s still two more to go: RPR and CBR at UOR.

13 Likes

Try not to get stressed about it …

2 Likes

Think of all those clean sheets!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Oh, I’m not. I’m excited about it. It will be an adventure.

It does have implications for packing, though. I’m going to use my packing cubes, which I haven’t used in a while. One cube per hotel. With two in my briefcase for the London leg and three in my suitcase for the Orlando leg.

I leave home today so the clock is running on getting the packing done. I’m currently snuggled in bed with Calvin. He hasn’t worked it out yet. Though he was suspicious over last night’s pre-packing activity.

11 Likes

I haven’t even been able to load their website in four days!

1 Like

Packing done.

It took about an hour and a half. The idea is to have everything in its place. Each hotel stay got its own packing cube. I’m only taking cabin baggage — a standard cabin wheely case and a briefcase — and it was tight. Some items (notably my Crocs) had to be sacrificed.

8 Likes

:scream:

4 Likes

My exact reaction. I audibly gasped. :joy:

Edited to correct an autocorrect that made zero sense.

6 Likes

I’m away for nine nights. Well ten, if you count the flight back. (I’ll be taking advantage of the arrivals lounge at Heathrow, so I will actually shower and change when I land.)

That’s a surprising amount of clothes. Then there’s things like boardshorts for VB and some “fancy” clothes for some snobby restaurants @JuliaMc wants to go to.

6 Likes

Crocs take up a lot of space and they’re an awkward shape. Alas.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll buy a new pair when you arrive.

And in regard to shoes getting wet…I ran a half marathon in the rain for the entire 13.1 miles. The socks matter more than the shoes. Moisture wicking socks make a huge difference. I love my Feetures socks. They are about $14 a pair but worth it. Amazon has them. Maybe have them sent to your room if necessary since you’ve already packed.

4 Likes

Sounds like you will only have room for very expensive baubles as souvenirs of this trip. No space for mugs, only jewelry.

5 Likes

Great point. Where are you going to put souvenirs?

1 Like