Wyndham Bonnet Creek 1st time for us

What originally was a romantic 4 night, SSR couples only trip scheduled to begin 8/1 turned into a “let’s bring our DGD, and while we’re at it let’s invite the kids and their significant others” week long trip 8/20-8/27.

Got a decent deal through Redweek for a 2 bedroom condo @ Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Never stayed there. Anyone have any insight to share? Most likely resort only trip for DW and I but Im certain the kids and DGD will be heading to the parks for at least 3 of the days.

4 Likes

Ha! Funny how those couples trips turn into multi generational. Everyone wants to go!

Did you ask on chat yet?

3 Likes

Not yet. Figured I’d give it a go over here first. I don’t come to the forum side too often. Gives me an excuse to catch up

2 Likes

Not one to recommend other forums but DIS pro that’s better info for you in this.

@disneygirlmama and family stayed here and did a trip report within the last year or two if I recall correctly, and it seemed they enjoyed it and the pool area seemed extensive and the kids kept catching lizards…I’ll try to look for the trip report and link to it.
ETA the link:

1 Like

We did stay at WBC in October 2020 and loved the resort. There is mini golf and a billion pools. There were a few restaurants but we only ate at the pizza place that’s poolside. We really enjoyed being “in” WDW without the prices of staying in WDW. I can’t give much insight about the resort from a “not with kids” perspective, but with kids who wanted to swim a lot…it was beautiful and comfortable and we had a great time.

4 Likes

We love it there! They will call you aggressively to come to a time share meeting. I declined firmly and got my wristbands as fast as I could. They called me at 7:30am after we checked in at midnight to sign up for a meeting time.

Have stayed three times. This May, we did a night at boardwalk and then four at WBC and my kids all preferred WBC for the extra space and the better pools. Be sure to get their activity calendar bc they have some fun things going on- we have seen gatorland and some fun poolside games. Some of The pools are very lush so it’s not as hot. There are a couple
Lazy rivers and fun slides! We of course did a Costco delivery and had little sherbet cups delivered for daily pool snacks but there was a snow cone stand there too.

It is close enough that we have rope dropped AK. Came back for lunch and a swim and then made it to MK by 2:00.

Let me know if you have other questions!!

8 Likes

The tower 5 lazy river area and the Wyndham grand pools were our faves. The pool by tower four’s deck was super hot so be careful!!

Tower five Was under construction when we were there in May.

3 Likes

Thanks, the kids are coming so I’m sure they will enjoy themselves. I did spring for some park tickets for them for a few days so we will be sure to have some alone time. Costly, but worth it

2 Likes

Thanks for the tips. And the pictures are wonderful. Looks like everyone was enjoying themselves. I’ll be sure to give the hard no about the presentation and collect my wristbands. I assume they are used to access the pools? Do you get 1 per person for the whole week or do you get a new one every day?

1 Like

Yes. Like a magicband. Room key. I am not sure how many of the pools needed it to get it. But it was nice with the kids to be able to have a room key on them if they ran back or needed to run to the bathroom. Everyone gets one and they are good for the entire visit

Some of the rooms you can also see the MK and Epcot fireworks from but I’m not super sure which ones/towers. But might be worth a google search esp since you are going to be there a while. Or to study the map and see which pool you’d like to be closest to!!

2 Likes

Can you request a particular building or view at check in? Wasn’t sure since I rented through an owner via Redweek. I’ll definitely do some research before hand. Thanks again

I think you could ask? I’ve never tried bc we aren’t in the room much. Or perhaps call the week prior? I have done that to make sure they have my info and reservation as I’ve purchased from eBay and was nervous I’d get there with nothing in my name.

We sent an email to the manager about the excitement for our stay and had a top level fire for fireworks. Can’t recommend WBC enough I wish had points to stay there my next trip. Truly a wonderful a wonderful stay so close to the bubble

1 Like

Late to this thread but WBC was our favorite place to stay before we found the Dolphin (pre-joining Disney benefits program when they were still crazy cheap).

So much room, great pools, clean common spaces… it was everything we didn’t think we could afford and more.

1 Like

For those who have stayed at WBC, did you uber everywhere or rent a car? Even the employees here said the shuttle wasn’t the most efficient way to get around.

It’s been a few years, but we’ve stayed there three times and always rented a car. I agree that the park shuttle wasn’t efficient.

ETA - IIRC, the shuttle isn’t free. There’s a fee per person, per ride. So factor that when decided whether a rental/rideshare makes sense.

1 Like

We rented a minivan via TURO. Cheaper than other rental car agencies and since there were 8 of us, cheaper than rideshare. Can’t speak of the onsite shuttle but I haven’t read any positive reviews. It’s a super short ride to DS, the Boardwalk, and honestly most parks as well since it’s right on property. You might be fine with Uber/Lyft. The rental was nice to have especially for off-site stuff and there are no parking fees for WBC unless you stay in the hotel part iirc.

2 Likes