Wise counsel required

It seemed like a lot of conspiracy theory nonsense, so I dived back out again.

It is on World Economic Forum website. Klaus Schwab talks about it alot. He is on the international stage. Even the Canadian PM just spoke about it. It was on the cover of Time magazine. re: Agenda 21 and goals for 2030;

I would recommend looking into those places first so it provides a better baseline for you and not just dismiss it out of hand.

Cheers!

1 Like

August. Iā€™ll be there that week and we can do a liner meet up!

In all seriousnessā€¦ its hot as hell in august, weā€™ve gone the past two years. But crowds are low and things are slower paced, so that is nice.

a number of significant philosophers would argue with your claim of not having free will/choice. But go for it!!!

1 Like

I serve on a committee with a group of physicians from a variety of specialties though I am not one myself. We met (virtually) last night. Typically we have a Christmas party in December for our group and an all day retreat in January. They felt like any hope of either happening responsibly, in-person, even with precautions was very, very minimal and not worth the planning effort. Rather, they felt by spring we have a good chance at being at a place with COVID where we could responsibly hold an in-person retreat with distancing and masking. So we are aiming for that. They felt like by summer, for a variety of different reasons, we are very likely to be able to gather for a Christmas in July social event of some kind. Ideally outdoors, but they thought either way we are very likely to be able to responsibly hold a non-essential, social gathering by then. I have no idea if that helps, but based on what they said and my observations, I think the farther you get into next year but before cold, indoor seasons set in, the more optimistic things are looking. Our family did a ton of stuff this last summer (all with careful precautions) that we wouldnā€™t consider doing now because of rates. And that was without a vaccine in play. I think, assuming the vaccines continue progressing as we hope, there will be a huge push to get us to a place where schools can be in person, normal schedules (likely still with precautions) by fall. An August trip could really benefit from thatā€¦

2 Likes

I read somewhere that the Pfizer vaccination will be two shots, 30 days apart but I donā€™t recall what it said about how long after the second shot will you considered to be protected (and 90% efficacy rate)

1 Like

A Dr. on GMA this morning said thereā€™s a difference between being vaccinated and having wide-spread vaccination; we need major participation to insure best protection and to create herd immunity. And since we have a mere fraction of doses available (at the onset) we will still need to use masks and personal distancing measures to protect ourselves (for the time being).

3 Likes

F&W likely by August. Mmm, lunch today

3 Likes

OK ā€” so I have WDW on one line and Virgin Atlantic on another and Iā€™m about to pull the trigger on making the switch from April to August.

You only have a few minutes to stop me . . .

5 Likes

Iā€™m not stopping you :wink:

4 Likes

Since youā€™ve already considered alligators and scorching heat, the only other thing that I can think of to stop you are sink holes. But then, I think those are just as likely in April as Augustā€¦

Exciting bonus. Because I had cancelled a trip this year, theyā€™re giving me an additional $100 gift card.

6 Likes

Summary:

7 nights at CSR, standard room
14 day ā€œpark hopperā€ ticket
Memory Maker
$300 worth of gift cards

Total: $2,000 even

11 Likes

7 does not equal 14 :thinking:

was there a reason for getting twice the amount park/ticket days than your resort stay?

Itā€™s kinda compulsory. A 14 day ticket is the same price as a 7 day ticket. So they basically make you get the 14 day ticket.

2 Likes

eh, thatā€™s interestingly oddā€¦ when do they expire? Would you be able to use the extra week?

14 days after first use, so . . .

No. Not unless I stayed longer.

Weā€™re you thinking of doing some side trips around Florida? Youā€™d have to drive on the right side of the roadā€¦not the correct side but right side :wink:

Itā€™s an offer thatā€™s available about 360 days out of 365 to us! It also means he can go to a park on his arrival evening if he wants and not have to have a rest day.

4 Likes

oh manā€¦I always go on arrival day if I can :wink:

1 Like