Will we survive? Easter week at UOR w/out EP!

@Jeff_AZ was so right about the crowds! We realized we had to get out of there. Everything was so packed with people and the line to Three Broomsticks could have taken an hour, it was so long. So we landed at Mythos which had a table for us even without a reservation. Feels good to sit in a peaceful place.

10 Likes

Thanks for all the pictures! Glad you are having a good time and found a lunch spot with no wait.

2 Likes

Wait, even with your virtual line pass? Or was this a separate wait?

2 Likes

With virtual line pass!

2 Likes

Ah, my happy place! Thanks so much for all the pictures! :blush:

3 Likes

Wait…what…is this normal??? :astonished:

2 Likes

I don’t know. We had another virtual pass but couldn’t face that kind of line again so soon. But! After our break (cat nap x2) we came back and happened to score another virtual pass for 8:55-9:25! Planning to hop in line around 9:30 and close out the day with Hagrid’s in the dark!

7 Likes

Back at Three Broomsticks for dinner. Much shorter line, thank goodness!

Earlier we tried to do Seuss landing on the way out for our break. Only managed the Caro-Seuss-el. Hoping to pick the others up if lines go down.

We rode Spider Man on our way back in. I think we are chickening out of Hulk. But hope to do Kong later tonight.

9 Likes

Don’t let the use of the virtual pass system fool you into thinking it’ll be a short wait! I’d guess the more typical wait would be 45-60 minutes, but so many variables, and during very busy times, looks like it may creep up more.

6 Likes

One Fish, Two Fish

Hogsmeade by night!

8 Likes

Red fish, blue fish :fish:

3 Likes

Love the masks!!

1 Like

Thanks!

Just finished at Ollivanders. What a cool experience! However, DD18 didn’t want the wand that chose her. Instead bought Hermione’s wand and did some spells. Now waiting for Hagrid’s again. Much much much shorter line than this morning.

11 Likes

Robert didn’t want the wand that chose him either. He wanted Luna’s wand.
You are getting so much done–it’s awesome.

2 Likes

I thought she should have gotten Luna’s since she is a Ravenclaw, but she liked Hermione’s better.

Funny - after walking the FJ queue we tried out the sorting hat in the gift shop. First it chose Hufflepuff (me), then we tried it again and it chose Ravenclaw (Carly).

4 Likes

For those playing at home, the Hagrid’s queue at 9:10 pm was 60 minutes. Better but still long. I think if you’re staying on site it’s better to rope drop with early entry.

Look at the size of those gloves!

8 Likes

That’s a big reason Robert got Luna’s. He’s Ravenclaw too.
You didn’t ride FJ?

No, we’ve ridden it before in Hollywood and neither of us liked it. I tried it again in October with Karen, but still didn’t like it. But we wanted to walk through the queue.

Sorry you didn’t like it. I think it’s rather fabulous.

1 Like

I didn’t know you didn’t like it, sorry I suggested we ride it!

1 Like