Will I melt in denim capris in mid May?

It’s the high heels that get me the most! Heels or cheap flip flops make me cringe!

1 Like

Good point! My capris are pretty light weight and have some stretch, so they are pretty comfy.

:open_mouth:

You cradle robber, you!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Whoops. Forget the “-er” there. :wink:

Two years OLDER, not two years OLD.

2 Likes

I figured. It was just too good of an opportunity to pass up. :wink:

1 Like

Yes, well…typos can certainly get a man in trouble! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I have a couple of pairs of these pants from target that are cute and really lightweight. They had capri length when I got them as well. https://www.target.com/p/women-s-woven-mid-rise-pants-c9-champion-174-dark-grey-m/-/A-53978089
Thin fabric, so great in the heat, and look cute and sporty (but not too sporty) on. I have another pair from Athleta that I think are more flattering that I’ll try to find the link for.

1 Like

I approve. (They have a cargo pocket.)

3 Likes

Here is a similar pant to ones I have. (Mine are a few years old, so slightly different design.)

https://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=297748052&cid=1105218&pcid=1059471

They are pricier than the Target ones I linked, but have numerical sizing, so I think the fit is more flattering, and I can often find an Athleta coupon. Look in the descriptions for their “featherweight” fabric-perfect for capris or pants when you don’t want to melt in the heat.

1 Like

I LOVE Athleta, but I am in the process of getting rid of the excess junk in the preverbal trunk, so I am waiting until I hit my goal to purchase any more of their items.

3 Likes

I have similar pants from JC penny and love them

I am Pooh-sized and wear denim capris or denim shorts no matter how hot it is. I find that they absorb sweat, I avoid the dreaded chafing, etc. As long as my shirt is lightweight, I’m fine. So I think you’re wise to take your favorite pair along; you might find they are the best choice for you.

2 Likes

I’d shop for some lighter weight capris if possible. Denim is heavy and also slow to dry if you happen to get caught by an afternoon shower. Linen, travel pants, athletic material - something like that - I always buy with pockets though! BUT - if they are a fave, I’d definitely pack them b/c you will likely be fine in something that is comfortable to you.

2 Likes

Update: I got my l.l.bean camp crop pants today and I am super happy with them! They are very light weight and will be easier to pack than several denim capris. I am just taking a carry on, so this will give me more space. Thank you for your input.

9 Likes

I looked those us and they look great! Glad you like them and can’t wait to hear how they work for you in the heat!

1 Like

I always wear cheap flip flops there! All day every day for 2 weeks. Never had a blister, aching feet or any other issue.

3 Likes

You’re so lucky. I have falling arches, so I have to wear orthotics every day. It makes finding cute shoes nigh impossible! Enjoy your flip flops. I’ll just sulk in the corner in a green jealous heap :wink:

3 Likes

Are we talkin’ just basic flip flops with flat thin soles? I could understand walking around WDW orthotic flip flops. Need that arch support and generous cushioned sole

1 Like

I suppose the soles could be thinner but they are flat. I just picked them up at the seaside. They were about £5? Not a brand.

Wow! More power to ya!