Will I melt in denim capris in mid May?

Going to my first trip to WDW May 7-12. My normal DLR spring/summer attire is a T-shirt and denim capris. Will I melt at WDW in this? If so, what are your suggestions for an “extra junk in the trunk” gal?

2 Likes

Probably melt. If I you don’t like shorts - maybe a skirt. Or capris in a different light weight fabric.

That is my favorite time of year to go to Florida… but it is hot and humid. And though I love denim I do avoid it then. I’m sorry.

I usually wear skirts myself.

Congrats on your first WDW trip.
We did our first family trip to DLR last year. (Liked it even more than WDW, but WDW is wonderful as well.)

2 Likes

I love the specificity of this question. It is exactly how I think. Based on responses, I think you have all the ammo you need to justify a shopping trip for some “athleisure” outfits if you are set on capris.

2 Likes

I can’t speak for everyone, but I would not wear denim capris in May. Of course, I’m a man, so I would not wear them any time regardless of temperature. I’m guessing May will be high 80’s to low 90’s and very humid, so as little clothing as you are comfortable with and go for breathable fabrics.

3 Likes

I always wear capris but I would die of heat in denim. I go with knit, athletic-type capris.

1 Like

you all are so dang humorous. i would not do denim capris even though at 61, they are my go to britches. …in virginia. i would go with polyester capris

you are a hoot

1 Like

If you can wear them at DLR in the middle of the summer, then I think you’d be fine. It was hotter last July there than when we’ve been to WDW in late May!

1 Like

I wouldn’t wear denim capris in WDW in mid-May. As others have said, maybe look for some mid-length skirts or lighter capris. You could Disney bound as Minnie with this skirt :slight_smile:

That being said, my MIL wore long pants in early May last year and claimed she was okay. (She doesn’t like to have bare legs.)

I did pretty well mid July for my birthday (and DL bday).

7 Likes

You will melt.

Try skirts or dresses.

Or athletic-wear capris.

I think you’d be fine in May then, if they worked for you then. It was HOT that week!

1 Like

It was. It helped in that pic that I was drenched from Splash Mountain!

1 Like

Thank you folks! I went ahead and ordered some camp capris from LLBean and will bring my favorite Mickey denim Capris and will proceed with caution. I don’t do skirts other than the occasional maxi skirt and I don’t feel like touring like that.

1 Like

Glad we could help you shop! :blush:

1 Like

As they say it’s not the heat, it’s the humidity…

1 Like

When asked about how hot it is this comes to mind.

1 Like

It can get pretty humid in DLR as well. And it was certainly humid that week.

1 Like