Will I melt in denim capris in mid May?

I have learned that if I am not specific, I don’t get the answer I need.

Based on your rec., I went to LL Bean’s site and am considering buying some Vista Trekking shorts for my early May trip.

1 Like

Eh, I always wear denim. I love denim. I will wear some capri leggings this trip, but I really hate leggings. I definitely sweat in denim though, but I don’t really mind. I absolutely hate shorts and can’t wear skirts walking around a park.

1 Like

Anyone ever notice the Japanese women tourists who are always dresses to the 9’s and usually NOT in weather-appropriate clothing, and never look hot??? We are there when it was in the 80’s and we saw several who all wore beautiful outfits, high heels, long sleeves, etc. None of them even broke a sweat, LOL.

2 Likes

I love denim. I joke I could sleep in jeans. Actually. I have slept in them. Love denim.

But I also love knee length knit skirts. So that’s my park-wear. Actually my summer-wear at home is often skirts.

Okay, please don’t hate me, i looked at that picture fast and only read the center of the sign and i thought, “wow, she doesn’t look like she’s 63!”

4 Likes

Some Japanese women fear having their skin darkened (any!) by the sun, should that lessen their social standing. Hence the long sleeves, gloves, parasol, etc. (Per a friend of a Japanese woman).

I don’t know why @ryan1 hasn’t weighed in on this. I figured he would have a suggestion for something to wear that is not as long as pants. Maybe with extra pockets for carrying gear… :wink:

3 Likes

Unfortunately, I cannot wear skirts walking around for miles unless I wear shorts UNDER the skirt, and then I might as well just wear shorts because it’s just as hot! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You mean like this?

5 Likes

That’s awesome! I’m getting one for my wife so that my pockets can be dedicated to MY stuff!

Bwahaha! I tell people if I am going to lie about my age, I am going to tell them I am older. That way they will think I look amazing for my age!

3 Likes

Brilliant! :grin:

My Mom has always said this. When people ask her old she is, she adds 10 years and then people say she looks great for her age. :slight_smile:

1 Like

But it could backfire when someone says, "that’s just what i was going to guess. "

Then you’ll have any enemy for life.

1 Like

True.

In my case, I don’t really care. I know I look older than I am due to the fact that my beard is almost entirely white. (My kids point this out to me and suggest perhaps I should consider shaving it off so that I look my age.)

What is funny, though, is how wrong YOUNG kids can be. My wife teaches Sunday School at our church for kids in Kindergarten. One day, after church was over, I went down and met her in the classroom as she waited for the rest of the kids to be picked up by their parents. One of the kids looked at me and then said to my wife, “Is he your son?”

Now, either this kid thought I was WAY younger than I am (and look!), or it was a huge insult to my wife, since she looks decided younger than me (despite the fact she is actually two years old). So, I decided that apparently 46-year-old men with white beards look, to 5-year-olds, like they are 20. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well “someone” already thought I was nearly 20 years older than I am, so I don’t think it can much worse than that!

1 Like

I routinely wear denim capri’s to the parks in May and through the summer. But you will get hot and sweaty. I don’t care though, I love the pockets.

When I wear athletic legging capris made of other materials on other park days*… there’s no pocket. My chapstick lives in my pocket. Those are always rough days.

*You will still be hot and sweaty.

2 Likes

Good to know! Thank you :blush:. I love pockets as well.

light weight denim maybe? There can be a range in denim for sure!

2 Likes