Why aren’t we talking about Encanto?

Wow!

1 Like

That is incredible!! I love it!

2 Likes

So creative! WTG.

2 Likes

Just came across this:

While it’s not a WDW-level experience, I think its cute and shows that Encanto could provide a very immersive experience somewhere in the parks.

Also, I know its a broken record by now, but they should be faster in incorporating new ip to the parks…

4 Likes

Have you seen the new special on D+? Encanto at the Hollywood Bowl? It’s beautiful!

5 Likes

I hadn’t heard of it.
We love Encanto. We all just watched it again Tuesday. I’ll have to look into it.

3 Likes

It was wonderful!

1 Like

We just watched it. Mostly loved it.
Always a little weird to see “behind the curtain.” Always stands the chance you lose some magic. But mostly loved it.

3 Likes

I will have to check it out. I love Encanto!

1 Like

I really liked the visuals and the music.

1 Like

We loved the music, too. And the lights and costumes and all of it.

Luisa was a little disappointing for my girls as that was their favorite song and her outfit did not fit the cultural setting nor her character. Otherwise high marks - Abeula’s voice was so rich and beautiful. Mirabel was an absolute jewel. The whole Bruno song was a trip. And Casita was gorgeous.

I gasped and teared up at many places - Two Butterflies was exquisite.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention. My Encanto loving family was blown away.

6 Likes

Truth. That was puzzling to me.

I love how they had the performers in the audience. It was pretty cool.

And, yep, I teared up a couple of times. I’ve watched it twice now.

2 Likes

We watched the Encanto special tonight and loved it! I was blown away by the Family Madrigal, especially with Mirabel doing the whole fast-talking spiel at the end live. Amazing. I love every song in the film — each one is good enough to be a show stopper in a lesser film, but together it’s hard to choose one to be the very best. They all have their attributes that I like. Perhaps the most overlooked is Waiting on a Miracle. Good stuff.

6 Likes

I watched it tonight and finally understood what this comment was about. Wonder why she didn’t wear Luisa’s dress. Strange

But the special was beautiful and we all loved it. Thank you @SirGreggLadyV for talking about it. We most likely would have missed it if it weren’t for you

2 Likes

Checked this out this morning! Definitely would’ve missed it.

Has anyone else seen Brooklyn 99?! So so weird to see Rosa Diaz in a dress strutting around stage with a smile on her face :joy::joy:

I loved Dolores

4 Likes

This was my favorite part of the whole thing because of Mirabel channeling her inner Rosa

3 Likes

Was Felix singing some lines that Bruno sings in All of You?

1 Like

Not sure, had to stop halfway through on behalf of kids. Haven’t made it past Isabella’s song.

2 Likes

Probably because she felt it was not flattering to her body type :man_shrugging:t2:. They had all the dancers dressed up as her. She looked like she was enjoying her flair, sort of like she was singing from the background.

1 Like

Yeah, and also some of Antonio’s lines. The actors who played those two roles were not participating, so they had a Bruno stand-in.

I recognized Abuela from the Netflix sitcom, Blockbuster. I liked the show but I recently learned it was cancelled. :slightly_frowning_face::cry:

2 Likes