Why aren’t we talking about Encanto?

I so want to. Next trip!!!

3 Likes

Definitely turned 40 again this year. Last year just didn’t count.

Happy Birthday to your baby, @QwertySC!

Also, for fun, the Encanto Challenge:

How one might actually carry 3 babies at one time (I see moms now with a hip rest that sure would have made it easier to carry that baby on my hip!):

17 Likes

:heart_eyes: Super mom right there!

6 Likes

Just goes to show that the movies are just pretend and real life moms are the superheros!!! :heart:

10 Likes

Adorable!!

1 Like

I just watched this for the first time tonight and I really liked it!

I love how you were able to succinctly put into words my very emotional thoughts on “villains” vs circumstance.

Very well said!

And I also love a good, complex bad guy.

“After all this time?”

“Always.”

grabs an entire box of tissues

9 Likes

Oh me too! Well, in particular, the one you referenced :black_heart::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart:

3 Likes

Me, too, but not that one. I’m more into Loki. :joy_cat:

4 Likes

Skipping to the bottom excitedto share, not sure if this was posted yet. She is a perfect meet and greet character. Will be seeing her in 39 days❤

9 Likes

i’m so sad i’m just getting to this, but this is amazing!! and happy happy belated birthday to your baby <3

2 Likes

Last week I saw that spot and figured they must be about to start meet and greets. There’s a Coco spot there too. I’m assuming they will never have Miguel and Mirabel out at the same time since it’s pretty tight. I did see Miguel exiting the area and it was a real character not the puppet they sometimes have at DCA.

2 Likes

Encanto won the Oscar for Best Animated Feature Film. I wonder if that will help encourage Disney to do something more in the parks for this movie.

5 Likes

I heard We Don’t Talk About Bruno on mainstream radio yesterday.

Ironically it was followed by a Bruno Mars song :thinking:

9 Likes

It was hard to find this. It seems to have been buried by slap-gate :roll_eyes:
Worth finding though…

7 Likes

I was not impressed with all the changes to it. I guess they had to change most of the lyrics since it wasn’t nominated, but they didn’t do it for me.

I’m super sad Lin didn’t win for Dos Oruguitas…but at the same time since he was not there, it’s a little easier. I just wish it hadn’t been to that Bond song. (Sorry…do not like Eilish one bit and her voice grates on my nerves even more than Sia’s.)

6 Likes

This seriously highlights just how good the musical composition is.

3 Likes

Yikes that’s like salt in the wound.

3 Likes

Exactly. I’d have rather it lost to any of the others.

1 Like

I really wanted Lin to get the EGOT, but I guess he’ll have to work harder to make an even better song later. (More likely is he’ll get a pity vote for something dumb in 20 years after 5 more nominations and no wins. It will be a year when all the other songs really suck.)

2 Likes

Just had to pop back into this thread to share a project DS12.2’s group put together for science class.
They were supposed to explain what they’d learned about cells in a creative way.

It goes on like this for 12 pages! :sweat_smile:

14 Likes