When can I book Topolino?

Ok I keep getting myself confused… can someone help set the record straight? I’m staying at The Fort and checking in 7/23 - 8/4. Hoping to do Topolinos on 8/1, late morning. When can I actually attempt to make the reservation?

Do you think it will be hard to get or might I be ok?

Thanks for any insight!

5/24 at 6am Eastern.

It will be hard to get.

1 Like

Do you think it will be hard to get on day 10?

Might be easier than some days, but I couldn’t get it for a guest at 60+6 at all.

Wow. I’m glad I’m not trying for that one.

1 Like

I also had a complete and total bomb of an ADR morning for a guest recently. Like I got them zilch of what they wanted. That has NEVER happened to me before. I think late April is going to be crazy coo coo bananas (which is a different time period than OP here in this thread - just sharing)

1 Like

Wow, that is crazy.

1 Like

It was.

I will forevermore be in the habit of asking friends to give me 2nd and 3rd choices. That’s never really been necessary before. I made some judgment calls on my own but that’s hard to do!

2 Likes

I am so nervous about ADRs at 60 days. I don’t think I can do a leading reservation because our cancellation policy is not the same as yours and I’d lose money. Hopefully it will be fine. I just felt more confident getting what I wanted at 180, knowing a lot of guests wouldn’t even have booked their trip at that stage.

2 Likes

Yeah, we are going the last week of April and I’m having some trouble with mine. DH really wanted Homecomin’ for dinner and I haven’t been able to get it. I’m resigned to the fact that what used to be a moderate week will be probably much higher crowds.

3 Likes

The others are so right about demand for this restaurant, sadly. But to add a note of encouragement, it can be done. The Mrs. and I are going the last week of April too, and I was able to get a 6pm dinner reservation at Topolinos at 60 +2 days. The wife was so disbelieving when I told her :lying_face: that she made me log onto MDE and show her the confirmed reservation. We went to Topolinos for the first time on a visit last year, but I had to use one of those “reservation finder” places (don’t recall which one) to finally get it. Go for it, don’t give up trying.

3 Likes

100% this!

Look every day.
Set up TP res finder.
Check right up to the day you want to dine there - people will especially tend to cancel around 30 days out (when they have to cancel their hotel plans for refund, in many cases), and 24hrs in advance when they have to cancel dining res without penalty.

It’s never impossible until the date you want to dine there has passed

2 Likes

:rofl:

:point_up_2: :point_up_2:Or even if they had booked, they might not be thinking about dining yet.

Hoping this post-pandemic travel push is over (or at least waning) before my next trip…

3 Likes

OMG really? I was hoping that it wouldn’t be a super hard one since I would maybe benefit from it being towards the end of my vacation? Am I essentially in competition with anyone else with the same check in date that is staying as long as I am?

I would suggest you come over to the dark side… I mean consider a leading reservation.

1 Like

You realize that the more people who do this (and there are LOADS who do it beyond this forum), the more difficult dining reservations become, right?

2 Likes

Yeah I know, I know… but it’s worked so well for me (knock on wood) :smirk:

I can testify that a leading reservation made Topolino’s breakfast super easy to get. The afternoon of 60+10 there was still a lot.

I think it is because of 60 days. At 180 if you didn’t get what you wanted then, you probably would later by using a finder or just checking often. But now people’s plans are more firm and there are more people planning at the 60 day mark. I don’t know why there should be a reservation window at all. Let people book ADR’s when they book their hotel, if they want.

1 Like

I was at Topolino’s on Sunday around 9:00. I saw a guy walk up to the hostess stand and ask if he could be sat without a reservation. They offered to sit him in the bar area. They indicated that the characters did not come directly up to the bar tables for pictures, but you could definitely still see them walking around and eat off the regular menu. So, maybe that is an option?

1 Like