What's your favorite ride?

I would say Primeval Whirl is the ride I was probably most disappointed with. That is to say, the ride I was really expecting, based on concept, that I’d love…but then…well…didn’t. It was just boring. But it isn’t REALLY boring. Just, it didn’t even come close to expectations.

Best roller coaster in all of Disney. As a coaster enthusiast, I consider EE a world-class coaster…amazingly fun, and yet accessible to 6-year-olds? Incredible.

1 Like

DHS: RnRC - EASILY the actual best coaster in all of Disney…also as a coaster enthusiast. :wink: Second is Space at DLR, third is RC Racer at DLHK.
MK: Space
Epcot: Soarin’
AK: EE (was not super impressed by FoP )

2 Likes

HS: Slinky Dog Dash
MK: Big Thunder Mountain
EP: Soarin’
AK: Flight of Passage

2 Likes

I 100% agree with the entirety of that post. It’s like I wrote it and you stole it from me !!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Wanted to ride it but it was down every time we tried. Ds6 handled RnRC so I’m sure he would be fine. I anticipate visits to cedar point and kings island in the future

1 Like

MK: BTMRR
AK: FOP
HS: SDD (I’m really torn here because I do love ToT!)

2 Likes

love People Mover

3 Likes

You ARE talking about RnRC as the best RC in DIsney, correct? I agree. RnRC IS the best coaster. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, RnRC is a great coaster. But it isn’t, in my mind, better than EE. For one, it is a little too rough. Second, it isn’t altogether original. For example, King’s Island has a coaster that is almost a clone of it in terms of ride concept (indoor, dark, launch, inversions). And if you eliminate the “being in the dark” element, it is just like an even larger number of coasters.

But EE is extremely unique, with the forward, backward, forward concept, the dark element, the relative smoothness, the overall design, AND the fact that they made me, a coaster enthusiast who rides the most extreme coasters without hesitation, have a blast on it…the while, sitting beside my 6-year-old son!

4 Likes

RnRC is great, I love it, but I wouldn’t say it’s world-class.

EE is just so unique and incredibly well themed and beautiful. And it’s very intense for a no-inversion coaster. And as @ryan1 said, accessible to pretty young kids. It’s really awesome !!! :smiley:

2 Likes

To each his own I guess, but I am partial to RnRC. I like EE, and admit to the uniqueness of it, especially going backward. But I just love the launch in RnRC and the thrill factor that gives. Plus the 2 flips and the corkscrew make it unrivaled at Disney. Sure there are other coasters that do that at other parks, but if we are just talking Disney, it is the best in my mind.

1 Like

The MK : Splash Mountain

AK : EE

E : Soarin.

HS : ToT

3 Likes

MK: HM

HS: ToT

AK: FOP

2 Likes

MK: Haunted Mansion (but this could change day to day. There are too many good ones.)
HS: Toy Story Mania (hands-down I love this ride)
AK: Safari
EP: Frozen Ever After EDIT: Nope, my favorite at Epcot is Spaceship Earth. It’s so nostalgic and relaxing and brings me right back to my childhood.

3 Likes

I don’t know what it’s called now, but is the kings island one you’re talking about the one that used to be The Outer Limits? I rode that i think the first year it opened in high school. It was pretty unique at that time when it came out.

MK: I guess Splash Mountain. None of the rides there are super fun for me.
Ep: Soarin, but haven’t been on new version
AK: EE
HS: TOT, but we’ll see if I can still handle it now at 40.

2 Likes

My wife and I love TSMM. We are doing the EMM on 3/13 and our goal it to find out how many times in a row we can ride TSMM, with doing SDD at least once first.
On our honeymoon in December 2017, we went to HS 2 different days and managed to ride TSMM 21 times over those 2 days. Oh and I have to say this, my wife beat me 20 out of the 21 times.

3 Likes

Yep i am a weirdo.

Do not get me wrong. I am a thrill ride junkie.

But the peoplemover is special for me. When my daughter was.little my husband and i would take turns bringing my son on space mountain and my daughter on people mover she loved it so it is why I love.it so much it is always my last ride before I go home

I agree. I would pick soarin over california as my first choice.

1 Like

MK—Haunted Mansion
EP—Spaceship Earth
AK—Kilimanjaro Safari
HS—Tower of Terror

2 Likes