MK- People Mover at night at the end of a great day in the park with my family
E- Soarin’
HS- TSMM
AK- KS

3 Likes

MK: BTMRR
Epcot: Soarin
AK: EE
HS: I haven’t been to TSL yet, so Star Tours. That may change when we go in 2020. ToT is awesome, but I can barely tolerate the drop. I can do it only once per trip.

2 Likes

That was a reply to @ryan1 who said that people who like the Tiki room are weird.

Currently:
HS- Slinky Dog Dash. It used to be RNRC, but apparently I am old now and need a less extreme coaster. :laughing:
EP- Soarin. Prefer the California version, but like the new one as long as we are sitting in B.
AK- FOP, though EE is right up there as well.
MK- BTMR. Same as when I was a kid.

3 Likes

Used to be Outer Limits: Flight of Fear. Now it’s just Flight of Fear. Used to have miserable over the shoulder restraints. Now has great lapbar restraints. Still pales in comparison to RnRC. Between the soundtrack, the scenery, the theming, the smoothness, in addition to the actual thrill level I would take 1 ride on RnRC over 10 rides on EE without blinking an eye. I know that FoF is VERY similar in concept to RnRC, but I’ve been on all 4 US mad cobras and none of them were even in the same sport, let alone the same ballpark as RnRC.

And I totally forgot Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars in my previous ranking of Disney coasters. That thing was everything Everest could/should be. Much closer to RnRC in my book.

Sorry but my absolute favorite ride is Living with the Land.

MK: Dumbo
EP: FEA
HS: ToT

That said, if the question were slightly tweaked to: if you only had time for one ride in each WDW park and would be dropped in to walk on and then go on to the top choice at the other parks, what would you choose (call it Cosmic FPP)?

MK: 7DMT
EP: Soarin
AK: FoP
HS: SDD

(idea here is combining greatness of ride with value of having no wait!)

I’m curious on how many others’ the Cosmic FPP question would change.

5 Likes

My DH’s too. He asks to ride “the vegetable boat” all the time. He’s horrible with names.

1 Like

I like LWTL, don’t get me wrong. But I can’t call it my favorite.

Having said that, what I love about it is that it still manages to fall into the original vision of EPCOT’s FutureWorld, I think, all these years later. Instructional, showing us what the “future” of farming could look like, etc. (Okay…it isn’t really the “future” any more. Still.)

There’s not a lot left at EPCOT that falls into that category. LWTL and Soarin’ do. I think Mission:Space does. Spaceship Earth, does I suppose. But after that, it has lost its way.

I hope the just keep updating LWTL with the latest in agricultural technologies and keep it around for a long-time to come.

1 Like

I haven’t been for 5 years, so haven’t tried the new ones.

MK: Splash Mountain (followed closely by 7DMT)
EP: Test Track
HS: Toy Story Mania
AK: KS

2 Likes

MK: SDMT
EP: Spaceship Earth
HS: Star Tours, TSMM is a very close second
AK: FoP

2 Likes

MK: Haunted Mansion
EP: Spaceship Earth
HS: Tower of Terror
AK: Expedition Everest

2 Likes

I would like to take a moment and give a shout-out to all my fellow Spaceship Earthers.

4 Likes

MK: BTMRR
HS: ToT
Epcot: Soarin’

1 Like

Yes. That’s the one. It is now called “Flight of Fear”, but it is the same ride. The RnRC has one fewer inversion, but the launch speed is slightly higher. All in all, very similar experiences.

Almost the same.

2 Likes

Blasphemy!!! He’s a witch!

1 Like

??? I’ve been on both.

ETA: (And I think the proper term would be “wizard”.)

1 Like

I’ve been on both, but I rode Outer Limits in 1996 and I first rode RnRC in 2014, so I barely even made a connection between the two.

Give me The Beast any day over either one of those. 4 minutes of hills and turns vs a couple of inversions in the dark. Easy choice.

@ApolloAndy - Provide evidence that @ryan1 weighs the same as a duck or you’ll have to withdraw your claim he’s a witch.

1 Like