What's the dealbreaker for you?

So reading through this thread - most everyone would be fine going, having temps taken and fingers sticks done. You’d be willing to wear masks and go without fast passes. You’d be willing to forgo fireworks, parades and stage shows?

It’s like any percentage of Disney magic is enough.
Not for me. For the price tag on visiting I’m no way going to dial back my expectations.

I cancelled a trip for 2014 when they rolled out FPP because I was concerned it would offer a lesser experience. Wearing a mask all day stinks. We take ours off the moment we leave a patient’s room. And no shows? No fireworks?

Now - maybe the lines won’t be long. I could do standby if somehow the no FPP was mitigating lines all over. But I don’t want to wait longer in lines over the course of the day.

8 Likes

Then it’s good you know where your cutoff is

For me, yes indeed, any bit of magic is enough for me (almost, anyway). It’s part of me. And right now it feels like a part of me is missing.

1 Like

I also think most Liners have deeper pockets than I do. Which I don’t begrudge them. :heart: We should all enjoy the fruits of our labors.

Though I don’t think Disney realizes how little they really have to do to get business. I hope they don’t come across this thread. :wink:

4 Likes

Most of us don’t have eleventy kids :smiley:

Happy for you that you do. Equally happy for me that I don’t :laughing:

5 Likes

I’m surprised by this. We are required to wear them in all parts of the hospital, except the break room while we are eating.

2 Likes

8 and 13 for me.
I don’t mind them not having FPP, but the part about how if the lines are full you have to come back another time…I would be too worried that I would end up wandering around not able to get on any of my favorites.
If all the parks were closed and it was just resorts…I would still go and just relax but they would have to be VERY heavily discounted. Also…Disney Springs being open would be key because I would want SOMETHING Disney-feeling that I couldn’t get from just staying at home.

1 Like

I think we are collectively “over it” @Wahoohokie. Keep in mind I only work weekends and evenings. Maybe the staff that is there when admin is there just behaves better. :wink:

Do you think Bob Iger reads this forum? He should. He’d get so many ideas and lots of good data!

On a completely unrelated note, I love Bob Iger. I’m his biggest fan. Walt’s one true heir. (Hi Bob! :wave:)

10 Likes

I’ve seen the trip reports. Me and my eleventy kids’ trips cost less than the average liner-family-of-four trips. I can only dream of what I’d do with those travel budgets. But for sure it would have all the pools open.

2 Likes

I have three nights booked end of September. The items on this list do not matter to me because I am not planning on going into a park. My DVC is prepaid so transportation is my only cost (unless I rent a car) and food. I think all of this depends on what “Disney” is to you, and that is unique and personal to each of us.

3 Likes

Until my big birthday trip a few years ago I’d have agreed with you.

That trip we were at Boardwalk Villas (sister exchanged in with her time share) for 7 nights with 4 day military tickets for the parks. My sister and her daughter were with us arrival day and the first full day. My cousin and her DH were arriving our last two days.

So in between we had a bunch of non park days. Luckily - since it was February - it was mild. DH and I hung out at the pool while my grandniece swam and concocted unbelievable games with these two kids from Brazil.

It was a great trip, much to my surprise.

Birthday treat, maybe.

And it was a quiet pool - main pool was being jack hammered.

1 Like

If Bob Iger is anything like me

(pause for much hilarity)

he’s detailed a sharp grandniece or three to monitor social media.

5 Likes

If there was no additional expenditure, and I was actually losing my investment by not going, by all means, I would go! Most of Matt’s list was park-related. I mean, I’d still go to Florida… as long as there were places to eat and sleep and swim.

1 Like

speaking for myself (DH would definitely have the opposite opinion) I’d be ok with all of these conditions. The one that would give me pause surprisingly is no quick serve. If the parks weren’t open, it would be fine, I’d sit down everywhere because I’d have time to kill and money saved from unused park tickets. But if the parks were open I would want quick serves available, for both time and cost.

2 Likes

Hmmm…we (DF @hmbhmbhmb and I) had a trip planned for May (now cancelled), we’re wait-listed for November (and we live in hope) and are booked for March 2021 at Wilderness Lodge. I think the dealbreakers for me would be 8 (DF is the master of FastPass), 9 and 13. And a maybe for 4 and 10 (if masks are required then eating might be an issue or am I overthinking this?).
I suspect DF would be less than thrilled if there was no HEA but she can speak for herself.

2 Likes

i normally would not put up with these conditions so I kind of agree. but i am so down and desperate for being in the sacred spaces I would put up with conditions that would normally be No Way

It helps that I have DVC so i ‘ve sort or pre-paid my costs. I don’t know that i’d pay rack rate for these conditions

6 Likes
  1. Temperature checks at park entrances. Every time. No
  2. Pinprick blood tests at the park entrances (which you only need to take once: results are added to you MDE). No
  3. Masks compulsory for CMs. No
  4. Masks compulsory for guests. No
  5. No parades. No
  6. No fireworks. No
  7. No theatre shows. No
  8. No FPPs. All lines are standby, with markers on the ground indicating six foot gaps between parties. If lines are full you have to come back another time. Yes
  9. One or more parks closed for the duration of your trip. (Would it matter which one?) Yes
  10. No table service restaurants. Quick service with floor markings as for rides. Yes
  11. No quick service restaurants. Table service only, with limited tables spread out in the restaurants. Two course maximum to ensure quick throughput. Yes
  12. No character meet-and-greets, including at meals. No
  13. All parks closed. Resorts only. All pools / gyms shut. Yes
3 Likes

I am with @Bethhampton might go without table service though… but it would be different

The task force is talking about a variety of measures to make the guests feel safe, including face masks, staggered seating on rides and increased cleaning.

1 Like

Funny, I think it is the same info that KtP has but I think there are more details here:

2 Likes